- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "The fertilizer industry is at a turning point"
- From the ripe revolution of avocados to expansion into mangos
- AAA Growers' first sea freight avocados selling well in Dubai market
- Sri Lankan coconut coir exporter to double berry farms in Mexico
- China’s lockdowns force fruit exporters to divert to Southeast Asia
Top 5 -last month
"Fred Rennen: "Expecting same volumes as last year"
Staay-Hispa kicks off Costa Rican melon season.
Tholen - Last week, Staay-Hispa kicked off the Costa Rican melon season with Cantaloupe melons, from grower Exporpack, under the brand Delicia. The first watermelons came from Dulce and this week the yellow melons will arrive.
"Everything will be postponed for a little while, certainly when it comes to yellow and water melons. There aren't many products on the market right now," said Fred Rennen, who recently visited the Costa Rican production areas.
"The grower-conditions in Costa Rica were fine until now, the productions look very good. The first Cantaloupe melons are good quality, sweet and have a high brix. I am very positive about the follow-up for the season. I see now, that prices are stabilizing and rising," said Fred.
Staay-Hispa expects to receive the same volumes of melons from Costa Rica as last year. "We are focussed on Costa Rica and offer a wide packet of several varieties, such as Charentais, Cantaloupe, Galia, yellow and watermelons, with or without pips," said Fred.
"The season takes until the middle of May. Because of the continuity and the volume of reliable partners, we are capable to close off large programs with our clients, inland and abroad."
SFG- DULCE, share of Staay Food Group, produces melons, watermelons, mango's and pineapple under the brand DULCE in Costa Rica. Export of these products focusses on Europe and the USA.
For more information
Staay Hispa B.V.
2991 LD Barendrecht
T +31 (0)180 679 117
F +31 (0)180 679 101
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-23 "Labor shortages in stone fruit production areas strengthens the need for fresh-extension products"
- 2022-05-23 New grape varieties strike balance between consumer wants and grower needs
- 2022-05-23 An apple a day to increase farmers' pay
- 2022-05-23 Later start for Texas peach season
- 2022-05-23 Labour constraints see New Zealand apple and pear season estimate drop 12% on pre-season estimate
- 2022-05-23 Fruits from New Zealand & Malaysia reaching Shanghai as logistics recover
- 2022-05-23 Georgian blueberry suppliers target stronger UK links
- 2022-05-23 Cameroon government renews fruit terminal equipment at Port of Douala
- 2022-05-23 "Sonya apples from New Zealand enter Chinese market"
- 2022-05-23 Product movement of imported fruit slows down, but domestic fruit sells well
- 2022-05-23 Younger generations are investing in pear crops in southern Italy
- 2022-05-23 "The war in Ukraine is adding to a general consumer restraint"
- 2022-05-20 Canadian Government invests in innovative precision farming
- 2022-05-20 Late winter freeze causes slow start to Southeast peach season
- 2022-05-20 99% of the cherry harvest in Les Valls de la Marina Alta was lost
- 2022-05-20 "This top fruit season, we're more focused on recovery than growth"
- 2022-05-20 South Africa set for a record pome fruit and table grape production in MY2021/22
- 2022-05-20 Open ground strawberry season Moldova will start with high prices
- 2022-05-19 "The Moroccan origin gives the grapes a real freshness advantage!"
- 2022-05-19 Mexican table grape industry challenged to ship 25 million boxes in 10 weeks