- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Chief Executive Officer
- Greenhouse grower / production manager
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
StePac adds new film structure to portfolio
StePac has found that the new film is suitable for bulk packaging applications with a wide range of fresh produce items. In recent commercial trials with cantaloupe melons shipped from Brazil to Europe and the Far East, the unique properties of the film resulted in reduced sunken areas than in competitor’s packaging, an issue associated with excess weight loss in prolonged shipments. More favourable gas readings also resulted in less decay and higher firmness.
Cantaloupe melons in the new packaging design shipped from Brazil and inspected in Europe
One of the attractive properties of the new film is that it provides the required water vapour transmission rate for many bulk packaging applications at a lower thickness and therefore there is less environmental impact. Despite the lower thickness, the film is resistant to tear and puncture and has a high sealing strength.
Stepac is also gearing up to participate in Fruit Logistica Berlin, the fresh produce industry's largest trade show. "StePac is a global company with commercial activity in over 42 countries. Therefore, Fruit Logistica is the perfect venue for Stepac to speak directly with customers and cultivate new leads", says Assaf Shachnai, Stepac's VP Sales & Marketing, "Stepac has been a proud exhibitor at Fruit Logistica and other strategic global trade shows for years – it's important to us to be active members and at the forefront of our industry."
This year Stepac will be presenting newly developed pallet shrouds as well as the new film structure.
You can visit Stepac during Fruit Logistica Berlin in Hall 25, booth A04. "We are already scheduling meetings for the show, to arrange yours, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - looking forward to seeing you there!"
For more information:
Tel: +972 (0)4 6123514
Fax: +972 (0)4 9872946
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-15 "Not too colorful; the product must speak for itself"
- 2021-01-14 New plastic-free crate cover
- 2021-01-13 Citrus cartons unveiled for Lunar New Year
- 2021-01-13 APAL Post-harvest Seminar goes online to explore smart packhouse
- 2021-01-12 Bottom of fresh herbs bag becomes growing pot
- 2021-01-11 KM Packaging launches compostable product range
- 2021-01-11 How should fruit be described on packaging labels?
- 2021-01-11 Third packer for cold-hardy citrus
- 2021-01-07 “We decided to stand out with improvements in appearance for our packaging”
- 2021-01-07 Smart big bags measuring temperature
- 2021-01-07 Chinese export of agricultural mesh bags increased during the pandemic
- 2021-01-05 Scotty Brand cuts 27 tons of plastic from its packaging
- 2021-01-05 Azura Group puts 100% CO₂-neutrality on tomato packaging
- 2021-01-05 Canadian apple company introduces biodegradable packaging
- 2021-01-04 "This year will certainly hold one or two more challenges for all of us"
- 2021-01-04 STEPAC Partners with J-Tech in Australia
- 2020-12-24 “More tomatoes being top sealed”
- 2020-12-24 "We are continuing to develop our packaging solutions in the new year with many new ideas and a great passion"
- 2020-12-24 Brazil creates biodegradable packaging for mango exports
- 2020-12-24 How to choose the best packaging for a product?