- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Top 5 -yesterday
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL ORANGE MARKET
- Corona-update: IRU speaks of 'alarming gap in global response to COVID-19'
- Limpopo citrus grower-exporter started Covid-19 prep three weeks ago
- "Sales of fruit and vegetables down 60%"
- "We’re selling half of our produce at cost price, to help people in these difficult times"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
StePac adds new film structure to portfolio
StePac has found that the new film is suitable for bulk packaging applications with a wide range of fresh produce items. In recent commercial trials with cantaloupe melons shipped from Brazil to Europe and the Far East, the unique properties of the film resulted in reduced sunken areas than in competitor’s packaging, an issue associated with excess weight loss in prolonged shipments. More favourable gas readings also resulted in less decay and higher firmness.
Cantaloupe melons in the new packaging design shipped from Brazil and inspected in Europe
One of the attractive properties of the new film is that it provides the required water vapour transmission rate for many bulk packaging applications at a lower thickness and therefore there is less environmental impact. Despite the lower thickness, the film is resistant to tear and puncture and has a high sealing strength.
Stepac is also gearing up to participate in Fruit Logistica Berlin, the fresh produce industry's largest trade show. "StePac is a global company with commercial activity in over 42 countries. Therefore, Fruit Logistica is the perfect venue for Stepac to speak directly with customers and cultivate new leads", says Assaf Shachnai, Stepac's VP Sales & Marketing, "Stepac has been a proud exhibitor at Fruit Logistica and other strategic global trade shows for years – it's important to us to be active members and at the forefront of our industry."
This year Stepac will be presenting newly developed pallet shrouds as well as the new film structure.
You can visit Stepac during Fruit Logistica Berlin in Hall 25, booth A04. "We are already scheduling meetings for the show, to arrange yours, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - looking forward to seeing you there!"
For more information:
Tel: +972 (0)4 6123514
Fax: +972 (0)4 9872946
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-03-27 Smart packaging enhances food safety and security
- 2020-03-26 "We continue to supply wooden containers to the sector, despite the Covid-19"
- 2020-03-26 Scottish veg processor freshens up its sprout packaging
- 2020-03-23 "Packaging plays an essential role in the delivery of vital goods"
- 2020-03-20 "We stand ready to provide this assistance to growers"
- 2020-03-20 Aptar presents anti-pathogenic food packaging solution
- 2020-03-19 Sufresca eyes commercialization of fresh produce edible coatings
- 2020-03-18 “We now offer a range of seven cardboard trays for export”
- 2020-03-16 Requests for packaging increased by 10 percent in a few days
- 2020-03-13 “At the beginning they didn’t realize the importance of replacing plastic with paper”
- 2020-03-12 FEFCO is pleased with new Circular Economy Action Plan
- 2020-03-12 UK organic supplier Riverford looks at packaging-free options
- 2020-03-05 Italian plastic pallet boxes with Dutch roots
- 2020-03-05 Spring products in new compostable film
- 2020-03-05 Sydney woman campaigns to have Aldi ditch plastic bags for bananas
- 2020-03-05 Lidl introduces reusable bags for fruit and veg
- 2020-03-04 France will ban the sale of fruit and vegetables packaged in plastic or with stickers in 2022
- 2020-03-03 "Thermal transfer printer enables smooth changeover to direct foil printing without additional machine"
- 2020-03-03 Rwandan packing house upgraded to ensure safety of horticulture exports
- 2020-03-03 “Change is good, but it’s better together”