- Construction Project Manager - Tri-State (CT, NY, NJ) USA
- Private Equity Associate - San Francisco (CA) USA
- Quality Manager
- Sales Manager Europe
- Agronomist & Supply Coordinator - EMEA territory
- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- Breeder - Xiamen, China
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Crowd investment campaign for hydroponic greenhouse kits
- Fresh marketer connects Namibia and South Africa
- Off-season for Kenyan avocados will raise prices for fruit and avocado oil
- Statement from AgroFair about banana disease discovery in Peru (Foc TR4)
- Polish apple trees hardly affected by recent frost
Top 5 -last month
StePac adds new film structure to portfolio
StePac has found that the new film is suitable for bulk packaging applications with a wide range of fresh produce items. In recent commercial trials with cantaloupe melons shipped from Brazil to Europe and the Far East, the unique properties of the film resulted in reduced sunken areas than in competitor’s packaging, an issue associated with excess weight loss in prolonged shipments. More favourable gas readings also resulted in less decay and higher firmness.
Cantaloupe melons in the new packaging design shipped from Brazil and inspected in Europe
One of the attractive properties of the new film is that it provides the required water vapour transmission rate for many bulk packaging applications at a lower thickness and therefore there is less environmental impact. Despite the lower thickness, the film is resistant to tear and puncture and has a high sealing strength.
Stepac is also gearing up to participate in Fruit Logistica Berlin, the fresh produce industry's largest trade show. "StePac is a global company with commercial activity in over 42 countries. Therefore, Fruit Logistica is the perfect venue for Stepac to speak directly with customers and cultivate new leads", says Assaf Shachnai, Stepac's VP Sales & Marketing, "Stepac has been a proud exhibitor at Fruit Logistica and other strategic global trade shows for years – it's important to us to be active members and at the forefront of our industry."
This year Stepac will be presenting newly developed pallet shrouds as well as the new film structure.
You can visit Stepac during Fruit Logistica Berlin in Hall 25, booth A04. "We are already scheduling meetings for the show, to arrange yours, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - looking forward to seeing you there!"
For more information:
Tel: +972 (0)4 6123514
Fax: +972 (0)4 9872946
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-04-20 Three out of four consumers willing to pay more for eco-friendly packaging
- 2021-04-16 Who is the winner of this year's CPMA Packaging Innovation Award?
- 2021-04-16 First fully biodegradable and plant-based potato packaging format launched in Spain
- 2021-04-16 Plastics bags made from mushroom waste
- 2021-04-16 Recognisable own vegetable brands ensure growth in more than just peppers
- 2021-04-16 New sustainable packaging will extend guacamole’s shelf life by 15%
- 2021-04-15 Sorma USA to buy former Jostens plant
- 2021-04-15 "Protecting vegetables and marketing them successfully at the same time"
- 2021-04-15 "Consumer demands for plastic reduction have grown over the years"
- 2021-04-14 Packaging Matters and Origin Materials announce partnership
- 2021-04-14 Packing urban cultivated leafy greens with Schur®StarLight
- 2021-04-13 Iceland is first UK supermarket to launch plastic-free Pink Lady packaging
- 2021-04-12 Armando introduces new range of plum tomato products
- 2021-04-09 Bio vegetable packaging made with plastic recovered from the sea
- 2021-04-09 Rigid crate or folding crate?
- 2021-04-08 Zero plastic for Solarenn and partners DS Smith & ETpack
- 2021-04-07 Chinese company Logfresh develops innovative solution to keep agricultural produce fresh
- 2021-04-07 Driscoll’s prioritizes sustainable packaging solutions for fresh berries
- 2021-04-06 Grower unveils new design for Vidalia onion packaging
- 2021-04-06 UBC researchers developing blueberry-infused food wrap