- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
StePac adds new film structure to portfolio
StePac has found that the new film is suitable for bulk packaging applications with a wide range of fresh produce items. In recent commercial trials with cantaloupe melons shipped from Brazil to Europe and the Far East, the unique properties of the film resulted in reduced sunken areas than in competitor’s packaging, an issue associated with excess weight loss in prolonged shipments. More favourable gas readings also resulted in less decay and higher firmness.
Cantaloupe melons in the new packaging design shipped from Brazil and inspected in Europe
One of the attractive properties of the new film is that it provides the required water vapour transmission rate for many bulk packaging applications at a lower thickness and therefore there is less environmental impact. Despite the lower thickness, the film is resistant to tear and puncture and has a high sealing strength.
Stepac is also gearing up to participate in Fruit Logistica Berlin, the fresh produce industry's largest trade show. "StePac is a global company with commercial activity in over 42 countries. Therefore, Fruit Logistica is the perfect venue for Stepac to speak directly with customers and cultivate new leads", says Assaf Shachnai, Stepac's VP Sales & Marketing, "Stepac has been a proud exhibitor at Fruit Logistica and other strategic global trade shows for years – it's important to us to be active members and at the forefront of our industry."
This year Stepac will be presenting newly developed pallet shrouds as well as the new film structure.
You can visit Stepac during Fruit Logistica Berlin in Hall 25, booth A04. "We are already scheduling meetings for the show, to arrange yours, send us an email to email@example.com - looking forward to seeing you there!"
For more information:
Tel: +972 (0)4 6123514
Fax: +972 (0)4 9872946
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-16 Polystyrene packaging suitable for table grapes
- 2019-09-16 Plastic packaging: How are UK supermarkets doing right now?
- 2019-09-11 Recycling or composting?
- 2019-09-10 Dutch company CocoPallet uses coconuts for creation of pallets
- 2019-09-06 Tesco will not phase out plastic bags for loose fruit and veg
- 2019-09-06 New watermelon pouch launched
- 2019-09-05 UK consumers prepared to buy unpackaged foods
- 2019-09-05 Reusable Packaging Association announces 2019 award winner
- 2019-09-04 "Waste prevention is an important element for us as well"
- 2019-09-04 North Bay Produce to purchase compostable packaging equipment
- 2019-09-04 Plastic processing firm ILIP signs environmental sustainability pledge
- 2019-09-02 Norwegian blueberry packaging wins award
- 2019-08-30 "Future-oriented and responsible"
- 2019-08-30 "Sealable cardboard trays would meet the requirements the best"
- 2019-08-30 Lidl UK launches reusable bags for loose fruit and veg
- 2019-08-29 “The issue of packaging is two-sided: importation and distribution”
- 2019-08-29 Food packaging from tomatoes, algae and more.
- 2019-08-29 Dutch family-owned packaging company JASA opens US office
- 2019-08-29 Diverse packaging is a growing trend in Chinese fruit industry
- 2019-08-29 Ilapak develops plastic-free fresh fruit and veg packs