- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
StePac adds new film structure to portfolio
StePac has found that the new film is suitable for bulk packaging applications with a wide range of fresh produce items. In recent commercial trials with cantaloupe melons shipped from Brazil to Europe and the Far East, the unique properties of the film resulted in reduced sunken areas than in competitor’s packaging, an issue associated with excess weight loss in prolonged shipments. More favourable gas readings also resulted in less decay and higher firmness.
Cantaloupe melons in the new packaging design shipped from Brazil and inspected in Europe
One of the attractive properties of the new film is that it provides the required water vapour transmission rate for many bulk packaging applications at a lower thickness and therefore there is less environmental impact. Despite the lower thickness, the film is resistant to tear and puncture and has a high sealing strength.
Stepac is also gearing up to participate in Fruit Logistica Berlin, the fresh produce industry's largest trade show. "StePac is a global company with commercial activity in over 42 countries. Therefore, Fruit Logistica is the perfect venue for Stepac to speak directly with customers and cultivate new leads", says Assaf Shachnai, Stepac's VP Sales & Marketing, "Stepac has been a proud exhibitor at Fruit Logistica and other strategic global trade shows for years – it's important to us to be active members and at the forefront of our industry."
This year Stepac will be presenting newly developed pallet shrouds as well as the new film structure.
You can visit Stepac during Fruit Logistica Berlin in Hall 25, booth A04. "We are already scheduling meetings for the show, to arrange yours, send us an email to email@example.com - looking forward to seeing you there!"
For more information:
Tel: +972 (0)4 6123514
Fax: +972 (0)4 9872946
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-21 Biodegradable coffee cups - grown from fruit
- 2019-03-20 Aldi supermarkets to sell unwrapped vegetables in UK
- 2019-03-20 Can Japan do without all its plastic?
- 2019-03-20 Solid board packaging tested in various markets
- 2019-03-19 Migros switches to black boxes, resulting in red faces
- 2019-03-19 Swedish researcher creates bioplastic from fruit waste
- 2019-03-19 Narrow carton trays for freshly grown herbs
- 2019-03-18 "Plastic with a positive impact on the environment"
- 2019-03-18 "Cotton nets will become established in the trade within a few years"
- 2019-03-15 Smurfit Kappa to launch tender offer for shares in Cartón de Colombia S.A.
- 2019-03-14 Artichoke shelf life extended by 10 days with new packaging system
- 2019-03-13 Edible packaging from seaweed
- 2019-03-08 "Robust cotton nets, use again and again"
- 2019-03-07 Tropical avocado importer extends shelf life
- 2019-03-07 New look and planet-friendly packaging for Rockit apples
- 2019-03-07 Spanish horticultural sector seeks sustainability with cardboard packaging
- 2019-03-07 Automatic grape packing line 3.0 enters new season
- 2019-03-06 New look packaging for leafy greens grower
- 2019-03-06 Healthy food brand to showcase new packaging at Expo West
- 2019-03-05 'Reusable crate system Clever Fresh is an answer to the uniformity of the market'