- Produce Construction Manager - USA
- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Greengrocer fills Mini with Brussels sprouts
Lawrence Jones was challenged to put a festive twist on the classic challenge of how many people can be squeezed into a Mini. And he can now reveal that the answer to the poser - for those that have always wanted to know - is that it takes 38,182 sprouts to fill a Mini.
The vegetables weighed the equivalent of 29 festive reindeer and if laid out end to end, would be the length of a mile of tinsel.
Mr Jones said: "I was more than happy to help Mini find the answer to this festive challenge. "I was so surprised at how many sprouts actually fitted in the car, it was much more than I had originally guessed."
After he finished his challenge, the sprouts were painstakingly picked out of the car by hand and taken to a local soup kitchen to be put to good use over the Christmas period.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-29 "Have we arrived at the New Normal yet?"
- 2020-09-29 Dole Philippines Inc lays off 500 workers
- 2020-09-29 Canada: BC Tree Fruits head office in Okanagan for sale
- 2020-09-28 Irish Gardaí seize 50 kilos of cocaine hidden in fruit container
- 2020-09-28 Think tank criticizes inefficiency & inequality of Moroccan water management policies
- 2020-09-28 Australia and New Zealand taking seasonal measures against stink bug
- 2020-09-28 Kiwifruit industry warns of effects if officials ban controversial chemical
- 2020-09-28 Papua New Guinea: K260,000 worth of drugs found in vegetable shipment
- 2020-09-25 Migrant workers speak out from Spain's 'Plastic Sea'
- 2020-09-25 How important is the issue of food waste to Germans?
- 2020-09-25 How are plastic items made?
- 2020-09-25 A peek into a traditional Syrian soap factory
- 2020-09-25 CBP Field Operations seizes over $4.5 Million in hard narcotics concealed in produce truck
- 2020-09-25 Tanzania: 80,000-ton storage project to curb post-harvest losses
- 2020-09-25 Namibian government needs N$30 million to combat locusts
- 2020-09-25 Problems cutting your pineapples? Watch this life hack.
- 2020-09-24 Jomo Kenyatta International Airport: Attempt at exporting vegetable cartons with drugs in them
- 2020-09-24 "After 1,000 video conferences, we are finally seeing real people today"
- 2020-09-24 Horticulture helps New Zealand's primary sector exports and jobs rise despite challenging year
- 2020-09-24 Ton of cocaine found hidden in fruit shipment at Port of Dover