- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Petra Wautaerts, LTV: "Own production from next season"
Rockit enthusiastically received in Belgian market
Rockit apples originally come from the east coast of New Zealand and have been available since 2010. The variety and cultivation code of the small apple is Prem A96. The miniature apple was introduced by Havelock North Fruit Company and is at the moment available in New Zealand, Asia, the United Kingdom and the United States. From this year the apples were also for sale at the Belgian and Scandinavian markets. Petra said that the season is almost over again, "We have sold well in Sweden and Belgium. The demand was much higher than the volume. We now had one container from New Zealand, but next year we expect two or three containers. In addition we also have our own production on one hectare next year. This year in Belgium an extra 5 HA will be planted and consequently the volume will increase during the coming years. The number of trees in Belgium will then be trebled.
In addition to production in Belgium next year trees will also be planted in Italy. In America there will also be an increase in area. They have signed a license for selling in America, Mexico and Canada. Australia is also part of the concept. It extends all over the world." According to Petra clients are very enthusiast. "The apple is fantastic and tasty and is a cross with Gala. Also the very red colour is very appealing. The combination of lasting freshness and the appealing look is not seen in any other apple. We will see all the buyers from this year again. Next year there will be more volume, but it will remain difficult to allocate, as the product the product has been promised in Norway and Sweden. Next year we will be in a position to make more clients happy. Retailers are mostly the buyers, but at the moment there are also discussions with petrol stations. Regarding price Rockit is in the high segment. The apples are not sold per kilo, but per tube."
For more information:
Limburgse Tuinbouw Veiling
Tel.: +(32) 13 55 01 10
Fax: +(32) 13 55 46 45
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Southern Italy: Intensive apple farming
- 2018-12-18 Fyffes subsidiary decertified due to labor rights violations in Honduras
- 2018-12-18 Argentina: Five keys to understanding the 2019 fruit season
- 2018-12-17 International Atomic Energy Agency helps protect Ecuador’s valuable fruits
- 2018-12-17 Chile: Starting peak shipments of blueberries
- 2018-12-17 Argentina: Majority of blueberry export for US market
- 2018-12-14 China: Price "explosion" for cherries
- 2018-12-13 "We are very much focused on the online trade in convenience products"
- 2018-12-12 Rwanda: NAEB starts fruit project to shore up exports
- 2018-12-12 Italy: Cocktail Plum, a very successful tomato
- 2018-12-12 Congo: Kiwi for 14 euros/kg
- 2018-12-11 Poland: Official study on changes taking place in apple growing sector
- 2018-12-11 High demand for European apples in China
- 2018-12-11 South African fruit industry expansion shows faith in the future
- 2018-12-07 Italy: Successful partnership between Apofruit Italia and Società Frutticoltori Trento
- 2018-12-06 "Limited impact of hail on Chilean berry season"
- 2018-12-04 “We invested in new varieties and IQ optical sourcing lines”
- 2018-12-03 Chile: “We expect good volumes for Chilean cherry export”
- 2018-12-03 South Africa: Electricity cuts a great irritation to fruit industry
- 2018-11-29 What kinds of fruit do Taiwanese customers like to eat?