- Procurement Director - Manager available in Spain
- CEO - Australia
- Grower - Location Manager Portugal
- Divisional Sales Manager - Canada
- Specialist meerlagenteelt / vertical farming - De Kwakel
- Farm Manager - India
- Production Manager - Dubai, UAE
- Supply Chain Coordinator - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Plant Buyer - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Hydroponic Grower - Livingston (Tennessee) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Houweling’s Seeds of Tomorrow project; offers much to be thankful for!
By fall of 2012, Houweling’s Tomatoes, alongside Kubo Sustainable Greenhouse Projects and their suppliers made a commitment to Impact Ministries to raise the funds and supply a brand new seedling greenhouse. In comparison to the regular diet of corn tortillas, beans and rice, the greenhouse would allow Impact’s agriculture program to flourish and supply an assortment of nutritious vegetables for the students.
From the word go, and thanks to the commitment of all the suppliers and supporters who worked on the project, the project was full steam ahead. By July 2013 the greenhouse was built and the first seeds were being sown. On September 30 nearly 1000 local dignitaries, volunteers, students and local families gathered to officially open the greenhouse.
Les Peters, Impact Ministries Field Director shares “The Seeds of Tomorrow Project is doing more than feeding the children; it is doing more than providing an education … it is an inspiration to our students and to many others who are watching this develop.” The agriculture program is led by Edgar, a former Impact Ministries student who went on to attend the Agriculture program at the University in Zacapa Guatemala. Recently two more Impact graduates have registered for the program at the university in Zacapa. This is a reality that once would have only seemed a wild dream.
For more information on Houweling’s Seeds of Tomorrow project visit: www.houwelings.com/files-2/donate.php
For more information:
Tel: +1 604.946.0844 ext. 205
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-05-14 "A greenhouse alone is not enough"
- 2021-05-11 10 ha German project split in two because of height differences
- 2021-05-11 “We’ll have to wait for the right time to start exporting again”
- 2021-05-11 Lualtek develops wireless radio systems to remotely monitor greenhouses
- 2021-05-06 "Sustainability is important to us" - more than just a phrase for soft fruit propagator
- 2021-05-04 The multiple advantages of having soilless strawberry crops on three rows
- 2021-04-27 “We are striving to start the British season earlier, without using gas fuelled greenhouses”
- 2021-04-27 "The pilot project was very successful"
- 2021-04-26 USDA and greenhouse grower work together to supply leafy greens
- 2021-04-26 "We'll be plastic-free and carbon-neutral within 15 years"
- 2021-04-23 France: performance and innovation for the Tenairlux© photovoltaic greenhouse
- 2021-04-23 "Lettuce market improves slightly, first greenhouse fennel available next week"
- 2021-04-21 "Our clipping system and bio twines are the perfect marriage to not use plastics at all"
- 2021-04-20 Huelva is expected to produce about 250,000 tons of strawberry in this campaign
- 2021-04-20 "Project with 100% LED on a large scale in our greenhouse was a success"
- 2021-04-20 Discussing sustainable growth in Dutch greenhouses
- 2021-04-20 Are hydroponics profitable?
- 2021-04-16 Canadian greenhouse grower expands strawberry acreage
- 2021-04-15 France: Photovoltaic solar power plant to protect asparagus from the cold
- 2021-04-14 "Technology to help growers seize glasshouse opportunities"