- Sales Manager
- Bedrijfsleider locatie Portugal
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Operations manager - Berlin area, Germany
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers | Kenya
- General Manager (Horticulture Farm) | Kenya
- Floral Designer - Floral Direct. Carle Place, NY (Long Island, USA)
- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
Top 5 -last month
Minister launches new sustainability app for farmers
The EnviroVeg App, free to download on the Apple App Store, was developed as part of the EnviroVeg Program to allow farmers to record data such as chemical application schedules and environmental plans on their smartphone while out on their property.
Minister Hunt officially launched the application at an event held at prominent Victorian vegetable growing operation and member of the EnviroVeg program, Gazzola Farms. The EnviroVeg App is the first comprehensive environmental management application developed for Australian farmers and aims to help them put plans in place to monitor areas such as energy and water use.
“The EnviroVeg Program is a great example of the vegetable industry taking action to support farmers with the environmental management of their farms,” said Minister Hunt.
The EnviroVeg Program has over 400 members, representing over 50 per cent of Australia’s vegetable growing land.
“Our farmers play a significant role in environmental stewardship across Australia and access to the EnviroVeg App helps to make our growers more environmentally friendly. The app also helps farmers improve their bottom line by managing key environmental data like fertiliser records, water and energy management plans and monitoring pest and disease,” said Minister Hunt.
AUSVEG Chief Executive Officer, Richard Mulcahy, welcomed the Minister’s attendance at the event, saying that it provided important recognition of the Australian vegetable industry’s commitment to promoting environmentally-sustainable production practices.
“The Australian vegetable industry is well ahead of other agricultural industries by having a comprehensive environmental program in place, which demonstrates a commitment to good stewardship and responsibility in farming.”
“With over half of Australia’s vegetable producing land covered by the EnviroVeg Program, we have set a benchmark for other industries to aspire to,” said Mr Mulcahy.
The EnviroVeg App is now available on the Apple iTunes store at http://itunes.apple.com/
For further information on the EnviroVeg Program visit www.enviroveg.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-08-12 The online farm management system reducing the manual paperwork system
- 2020-08-11 "Consumers want to know more about the food they eat, now more than ever”
- 2020-08-11 Jupiter Group secures partnership with blockchain traceability provider DiMuto
- 2020-07-24 Australia: Farmbot partners with Inmarsat to deliver remote watering solutions
- 2020-07-21 California farmers need help from the skies
- 2020-07-20 "LC Packaging helps female Bengali employees gain control of their finances with digital salary payments"
- 2020-07-16 Frigga launches new temperature recorder T90
- 2020-07-16 Zespri to embark on four-year digital transformation
- 2020-07-15 C.H. Robinson joins forces with Microsoft to digitally transform supply chain
- 2020-07-14 AU: RFID monitoring is suited to regular routes
- 2020-07-14 Citrus Australia and Agriculture Victoria demonstrate traceability in action
- 2020-07-13 Increasing attention paid to temperature and humidity recorders
- 2020-07-13 AgTech India’s new focus on food safety and traceability
- 2020-07-09 Peru and Chile sign an agreement for electronic certification in agricultural exports
- 2020-07-08 Mushroom training goes virtual
- 2020-07-06 Digital systems provide a meaningful way of looking at fruit
- 2020-07-02 GO Real-Time Trackers used to protect avocados from theft
- 2020-07-01 The Australian online trading platform giving wholesalers the technological edge
- 2020-06-22 “With our app, produce quality reports can be generated in five minutes”
- 2020-06-22 Detecting pesticide residues in fruit and vegetables with smartphone pics