- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Top 5 -yesterday
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL ORANGE MARKET
- Corona-update: IRU speaks of 'alarming gap in global response to COVID-19'
- Limpopo citrus grower-exporter started Covid-19 prep three weeks ago
- "Sales of fruit and vegetables down 60%"
- "We’re selling half of our produce at cost price, to help people in these difficult times"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Israeli sweet potato exports commence
Carmy Export is an Israeli grower and exporter with experience in shipping a variety of products. Yitzhak Carmy, CEO of Carmy Export, noted that the first sweet potatoes from the packing house have shown signs of superior quality when compared to last year's product.
“The quality is excellent for two reasons,” explained Carmy. “First, we overcame the sweet potato virus that attacked our crops in previous years, and the second reason is that we had very good weather conditions.” With mild Summer weather, Carmy expects production to reach 10,000 tons this export season.
Based on good volume and excellent quality, Carmy is expecting a good season. They mostly ship to Europe and the UK in six kilogram and 15 kilogram boxes.
“The first shipment will be sent early next week to England and the Netherlands,” said Carmy, “and we expect this season to be more productive than the last.” Shipments will continue through March 2014.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-03-30 Crisis action: Restrain makes equipment available for free
- 2020-03-30 Irish purple potato producer creates contactless drive-through spud shack
- 2020-03-30 Crop movement is up in Canada and US, but down in export markets
- 2020-03-27 Canada: Potato storage holdings at 1.9 percent below three-year average
- 2020-03-27 "Demand for Oregon onions has slowed down"
- 2020-03-26 Demand for French fry potatoes collapsed due to coronavirus"
- 2020-03-26 First Malta potatoes have arrived
- 2020-03-26 'Breather for potato packing companies, increasing onion exports'
- 2020-03-26 US potato industry scrambles to meet consumer demand
- 2020-03-25 Demand for potatoes switches over to retail
- 2020-03-25 Coronavirus devastates the calçot season
- 2020-03-25 “The demand for fresh potatoes has increased”
- 2020-03-24 Vidalia onions set to ship April 16
- 2020-03-23 First new potatoes on Malta harvested
- 2020-03-23 "Hoarding in the Dutch and Europe markets; usual exports to third countries"
- 2020-03-23 "Dutch onion sales in high gear due to Covid-19 and approaching Ramadan"
- 2020-03-23 India: Maharashtra appoints farm trade representatives to helps growers
- 2020-03-23 Panic buying has boosted retail demand for fresh potatoes and frozen products
- 2020-03-23 Rethinking the protection for Bangladesh onion growers
- 2020-03-20 Wholesale prices onions drop 30% in three days