- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- Breeder - Xiamen, China
- Senior Scientist, Plant Imaging - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Scientist, Plant Substrates and Nutrition - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Logistics Coordinator
- Head of Delivery and Support - Bristol, UK
- Sales Manager (Fruit & Vegetable) - Erkelenz, Germany
- Crop Inspector - San Jose (CA) USA
- Assistant Grower - Snowflake (AZ) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- 700 refrigerated containers arriving in South Africa
- Southern Exposure wraps up successful in-person event
- T&G Global set for first commercial crop of new super-sized, blueberries
- Reemoon officially installs its first kiwifruit sorting line in South America
- AppHarvest acquires Root AI and its robotic harvester
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Farm Fresh Produce ramps up bell peppers program, cabbage
“Peppers have been pretty good so far,” said Ceccarelli. “The market hasn't been ideal, but we're keeping our product fresh and our customers happy.”
Farm Fresh Produce is also in the thick of their cabbage program this year. Like with their peppers, Farm Fresh's cabbage program is focused on East coast markets, which they can reach in about two days from their facilities in North Carolina.
“We're going to do a lot of cabbage this year,” said Farm Fresh's Steve Ceccarelli. They began harvesting Napa cabbage at the beginning of last month, and harvesting of regular green cabbage and Flathead cabbage began shortly after. The Napa variety is what Farm Fresh produces the most, with 70 acres dedicated to that kind of cabbage, while 30 acres are dedicated to the Flathead variety.
“We have an advantage from a freight standpoint,” said Ceccarelli. “It's cheaper for us to ship to the East Coast and the Eastern part of Canada than it is for competitors who aren't in this region.” Another big program for Farm Fresh is their line of sweet potatoes, which they also predominantly sell on the East Coast. Currently, Farm Fresh has grey, yellow and green sweet potatoes available.
For more information:
Steven A. Ceccarelli
Farm Fresh Produce
Tel: +1 910-508-8933
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-04-09 Philippines: Vegetable prices drop significantly
- 2021-04-09 "I'll earn almost as much by giving away this lettuce as by selling it to a distribution center"
- 2021-04-09 Red cabbage could be the key to developing a natural cyan blue food coloring
- 2021-04-09 New Delhi resistant zucchini variety launched
- 2021-04-09 Nikki Fried advocates for struggling Florida farmers to the US Trade Commission
- 2021-04-09 US and Mexico make their cases on produce trade to International Trade Commission
- 2021-04-09 The tomato market keeps moving forward
- 2021-04-08 Philippines: Vegetable prices drop by 50%
- 2021-04-08 Pakistan’s vegetable exports down 7% in eight months
- 2021-04-08 Jordanians complain about sudden cucumber price hike
- 2021-04-08 "Asparagus market ends excellent Easter weekend"
- 2021-04-08 Saent - new asparagus for the lovers of distinctive flavors
- 2021-04-08 MEP demands the EC update the EU entry price system for Moroccan tomato
- 2021-04-08 "Asparagus makes its profit in the Horeca sector"
- 2021-04-08 Okanagan asparagus season is getting started
- 2021-04-07 Pumpkin company opts for no more mulching films
- 2021-04-07 Queensland mushroom farming as new source of income for Covid-struck Aussies
- 2021-04-06 New clamshell retail pack for premium lettuce
- 2021-04-06 France: Célestine and Sauvageonne asparagus
- 2021-04-06 Lettuce packaged immediately after harvest