- Operations Manager - Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- Night-Shift Crop Inspector - San Jose (CA) USA
- Product Coördinator Fresh produce - Ridderkerk, Dinteloord of Heerle
- Medewerker Marketing & Communicatie - Hillegom
- Supply Chain Specialist - Nairobi, Kenya
- Assistant breeder
- Greenhouse Director of Production - Center Moriches (NY) USA
- Head Grower Cannabis - Reading, Southern England
- Global Product Manager - Northeast Ohio area
- Produce Sales Representative - Remote/Surrounding Los Angeles area
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW BERRIES
- “Bottlenecks are here to stay for a long while, probably at a lesser extent, once the effects of the covid-rebound are over”
- Hydroponic strawberries where sugarcane used to grow
- PEI and British Columbia put pressure on Manitoba potato supplies
- Washington apple grower digitally integrates quality inspection to improve freshness
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- 'We'd like to be importing about 200 containers of Ethiopian Hass avocados within 4 or 5 years"
- Kenyan traders are painting avocados to dupe consumers
- South Africa and Tanzania meet on avocado imports
- Avocados become entrenched in South Africans’ shopping baskets
- “By 2024, we’ll produce up to 3,000 tons of Hass avocado”
Peruvian grape production continues to climb
Although, according to a report by the United States Department of Agriculture's Foreign Agricultural Service, the cost of planting new vineyards remains high, good prices and good returns on investment keep growers planting more acreage. That's contributed to strong growth in production, with an estimated 305,000 MT for the current year. Of that production, it's estimated 150,000 MT will be exported.
The primary markets for Peruvian grapes are the Netherlands and the US. Last year, 27,516 MT were shipped to the Netherlands and 25,420 MT were shipped to the US. The value of grape exports last year was estimated at $365 million.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-12-03 "Fewer cranberries available, December demand higher than usual"
- 2021-12-03 Prices of watermelons and chillies to rise after torrential rains
- 2021-12-03 Million dollar hail damages at Huon Valley apple orchard
- 2021-12-03 Plum growers need a normal Cape summer but the rain just keeps coming
- 2021-12-03 Argentinian greengrocers start selling the first cherries of the season
- 2021-12-03 Blueberry season up to week 47: cumulative 4,671 tons, 26% less than last season
- 2021-12-03 Brazil: Minimum price industrial grapes will be R$ 1.31 per kilo from January
- 2021-12-03 UK demand for South African apples and pears is growing
- 2021-12-03 “Consumers are increasingly interested in seedless grapes”
- 2021-12-03 "Good outlook despite difficult planting season"
- 2021-12-03 South Korean government hopes to export more premium produce
- 2021-12-03 Estimated 36.8 million tons of fruit, berries and nuts harvested in 2020 in the EU
- 2021-12-02 Kashmiri apple prices brought down
- 2021-12-02 First Arctic apple Fuji crop harvested
- 2021-12-02 Total weekly blueberry arrivals from Argentina at 6,975 tons in week 47
- 2021-12-02 Peru increased its fresh blueberry exports twelvefold in five years
- 2021-12-02 Fruit-growing business allegedly de-frauded of $1.3 million
- 2021-12-02 New grape varieties increase the competitiveness of the Northern Cape
- 2021-12-02 "Significant blueberry volumes; good current demand too"
- 2021-12-02 Abundant production will drive market prices down by 15 to 20 percent