- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Georgia Blueberry Commission announces recipe contest
Georgia Blueberry fans are invited to create and photograph an original recipe using Georgia Blueberries. Submissions will be posted on the Georgia Blueberry Commission’s website and Facebook page for voting.
Contestants are encouraged to share information about the contest with family and friends to gain more votes. Recipe submission and voting will begin on June 1 and continue through June 30. Winners will be announced on July 8th.
The recipe creator with the most votes will win $500. Contestants who receive the second and third most votes will receive a Sweet Georgia Blues Basket (includes blueberry jams, autographed cookbook, etc) and an autographed copy of Hugh Acheson’s A New Turn in the South Cookbook, respectively.
“June is the peak of our season and we want consumers to be as excited about Georgia Blueberry Month as we are,” explained Joe Cornelius, chairman of the Georgia Blueberry Commission. “Hosting this month-long recipe contest is a great way to do that. Plus, we’re looking forward to seeing all the new recipes we can try! ”
According to the Georgia Farm Gate Value Report, blueberries make up nearly 40% of all fruits grown in the State and have an estimated value of $134 million, compared to just $22 million a decade ago. Georgia is one of the largest blueberry-producing states in the United States and boasts the longest season from mid April to the end of July.
Full of antioxidants, Georgia Blueberries are a delicious way to lower cholesterol and decrease your risk of heart disease and cancer. They’re high in fiber, contain no fat and at just 80 calories per cup, Sweet Georgia Blues are an easy and convenient snack or an excellent addition to nearly any recipe.
For more information please visit www.GeorgiaBlueberries.org
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Southern Italy: Intensive apple farming
- 2018-12-18 Fyffes subsidiary decertified due to labor rights violations in Honduras
- 2018-12-18 Argentina: Five keys to understanding the 2019 fruit season
- 2018-12-17 International Atomic Energy Agency helps protect Ecuador’s valuable fruits
- 2018-12-17 Chile: Starting peak shipments of blueberries
- 2018-12-17 Argentina: Majority of blueberry export for US market
- 2018-12-14 China: Price "explosion" for cherries
- 2018-12-13 "We are very much focused on the online trade in convenience products"
- 2018-12-12 Rwanda: NAEB starts fruit project to shore up exports
- 2018-12-12 Italy: Cocktail Plum, a very successful tomato
- 2018-12-12 Congo: Kiwi for 14 euros/kg
- 2018-12-11 Poland: Official study on changes taking place in apple growing sector
- 2018-12-11 High demand for European apples in China
- 2018-12-11 South African fruit industry expansion shows faith in the future
- 2018-12-07 Italy: Successful partnership between Apofruit Italia and Società Frutticoltori Trento
- 2018-12-06 "Limited impact of hail on Chilean berry season"
- 2018-12-04 “We invested in new varieties and IQ optical sourcing lines”
- 2018-12-03 Chile: “We expect good volumes for Chilean cherry export”
- 2018-12-03 South Africa: Electricity cuts a great irritation to fruit industry
- 2018-11-29 What kinds of fruit do Taiwanese customers like to eat?