- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Georgia Blueberry Commission announces recipe contest
Georgia Blueberry fans are invited to create and photograph an original recipe using Georgia Blueberries. Submissions will be posted on the Georgia Blueberry Commission’s website and Facebook page for voting.
Contestants are encouraged to share information about the contest with family and friends to gain more votes. Recipe submission and voting will begin on June 1 and continue through June 30. Winners will be announced on July 8th.
The recipe creator with the most votes will win $500. Contestants who receive the second and third most votes will receive a Sweet Georgia Blues Basket (includes blueberry jams, autographed cookbook, etc) and an autographed copy of Hugh Acheson’s A New Turn in the South Cookbook, respectively.
“June is the peak of our season and we want consumers to be as excited about Georgia Blueberry Month as we are,” explained Joe Cornelius, chairman of the Georgia Blueberry Commission. “Hosting this month-long recipe contest is a great way to do that. Plus, we’re looking forward to seeing all the new recipes we can try! ”
According to the Georgia Farm Gate Value Report, blueberries make up nearly 40% of all fruits grown in the State and have an estimated value of $134 million, compared to just $22 million a decade ago. Georgia is one of the largest blueberry-producing states in the United States and boasts the longest season from mid April to the end of July.
Full of antioxidants, Georgia Blueberries are a delicious way to lower cholesterol and decrease your risk of heart disease and cancer. They’re high in fiber, contain no fat and at just 80 calories per cup, Sweet Georgia Blues are an easy and convenient snack or an excellent addition to nearly any recipe.
For more information please visit www.GeorgiaBlueberries.org
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-16 China: High fruit prices dip
- 2019-09-13 Bangladesh: Fruit imports are soaring
- 2019-09-12 Fruit growers in Spanish region of Navarre unhappy about prices
- 2019-09-10 Washington's Sweetie apple has started shipping this week
- 2019-09-10 Fresh fruit is one of the top US food exports to Hong Kong
- 2019-09-06 "Our fruit is now a gift in plastic packaging or a container"
- 2019-09-06 Romanian fruit trade - January to April 2019
- 2019-09-05 Turkish cherry, grape and pomegranate exporters join forces to set new records
- 2019-09-05 Argentina: Pyrethroid resistance mutation in Cydia pomonella
- 2019-09-05 Turkish apples are exported all over the world
- 2019-09-04 Australian fruit farms feel the heat in northern Victoria
- 2019-09-04 Fruit trade shortage in Flanders at 530 million, double that of 2016
- 2019-09-02 How will Chinese fruit wholesale market prices fare in the rest of 2019?
- 2019-08-30 There is still room for Spanish fruit in the Chinese market
- 2019-08-29 “Still good demand for summer fruit in Belgium; increased demand for grapes”
- 2019-08-28 Better Polish apple season expected; trade expansion efforts must continue
- 2019-08-27 China: Prices of fruits in Shandong market remain high
- 2019-08-26 Canadian fruit sector keeps close eye on EU fruit export decision
- 2019-08-21 US farm exports find new market in Vietnam
- 2019-08-21 Drug cartels still favour fruit shipments for their illicit cargo