- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Trellising in avocado orchards is “pushing the boundaries of production"
- The avocado industry has been going through a "golden era"
UNIVEG Katopé UK receive first Fairtrade Citrus from Egyptian small producers
UNIVEG Katopé UK has been working with Blue Moon - A consultancy based in Egypt, who with the support of USAID is working with five cooperative groups in Egypt to achieve GLOBALG.A.P and Fairtrade certification.
Manal Saleh of consultancy agency Blue Moon said, “Without UNIVEG Katopé UK this would have never happened, they have been very supportive,” she went on to say, “most importantly UNIVEG have met their pledges to social responsibility.”
David Maris, Technical Manager for UNIVEG Katopé UK Ltd said, “Despite the current economic downturn, consumer support for Fairtrade is still strong. Total UK Fairtrade sales broke the £1B mark in 2010 and growth continues to be strong since then. This project is one of a range that UNIVEG is progressing, working specifically with small producer groups to bring new FT products to market, both in the UK and Europe. We have been pleased to be involved in this project and provide a route to market for the growers.”
The oranges are grown on the western edge of the Nile delta, south of Alexandria, in a season which will run through May into late June.
For more information:
UNIVEG Katopé UK
Tel: +44 1775 716522
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-18 Calmich Produce in attendance at Fresh Summit 2019
- 2019-10-18 Primeur's Fruit Attraction exhibition edition
- 2019-10-18 Farm Pak celebrates 'golden' anniversary
- 2019-10-18 Western Growers Board selects Dave Puglia as next president and CEO
- 2019-10-18 “The organic, no-residue trend and the lack of solutions have increased the demand for our products”
- 2019-10-18 Bremen's wholesale market focuses on convenience and comprehensive service
- 2019-10-18 IMG Citrus celebrates 40th anniversary in Florida citrus industry
- 2019-10-18 Organto announces record third quarter revenues
- 2019-10-18 Lamb Weston forms new joint venture in Argentina to serve South American market
- 2019-10-17 Team additions enhance account service capabilities at Moxxy Marketing
- 2019-10-17 New partnership hopes to inspire recycling
- 2019-10-17 RFG promotes Raina Nelson and hires Mark Lodge for Executive VP roles
- 2019-10-17 “We still have a 6-month leeway with Brexit”
- 2019-10-16 Driscoll’s joins Ceres-WWF AgWater Challenge
- 2019-10-16 Duda Farm Fresh Foods announces Oxnard facility expansion
- 2019-10-16 Sarnia Produce expanding to meet healthy eating demand
- 2019-10-16 McCain Foods USA celebrates official start of major expansion in Othello, Washington
- 2019-10-16 Alibaba Chairman Daniel Zhang focuses on his successes
- 2019-10-16 Sofruce-Maria partners with the Moroccan association GIE Ajida
- 2019-10-16 Dynasty Farms joins iTradeNetwork food blockchain