- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Black garlic supplies steady as popularity grows
“This year, the total crop quantity for Chinese garlic is similar to that of last year,” said John Huang, an importer of Black Garlic based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Black garlic is made by taking white garlic and fermenting it at high temperatures, so the supplies of white garlic go a long way toward determining the supplies of Black garlic. Huang noted that with no increase in white garlic, prices for black garlic will remain robust.
“This means the cost of the raw material for black garlic has remained at a high level,” said Huang.
Huang sources his black garlic from the Shangdong and Yunnan provinces in China. The product from Shangdong features multiple cloves, whereas the product from Yunnan is smaller and is only one clove. Cold storage facilities mean the product can be stored and shipped year-round, and Huang said his main markets remain the US, Canada, Singapore, Australia, France, Germany, South Korea, Japan, China and the UK.
For more information:
Tel.: +1-902-488-2588; +86-13602543020
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-17 "Onion demand is not disappointing for February"
- 2020-02-17 Suberin deposits in potatoes provides greening resistance
- 2020-02-14 Pizzoli's value growth depends on experience
- 2020-02-14 The brand is appreciated and Selenella's new products are doing great
- 2020-02-14 PEI potato farms use new technology to improve use of crop protectants
- 2020-02-14 Indian govt allegedly considering selling imported onions under welfare schemes
- 2020-02-13 France: potato exports are too calm
- 2020-02-13 Strong movements decreased potato holdings in New Brunswick and British Columbia
- 2020-02-13 Potato prices worry traders and cold store owners in India
- 2020-02-13 "Focusing on innovation is a good way to put potatoes back on the map"
- 2020-02-13 Greek Cypriot growers request Turkish Cypriot potatoes
- 2020-02-13 'With Mexico starting up and other U.S. areas still supplied, buyers drop back to see what happens'
- 2020-02-13 Tex-Mex Sales going into high gear for 2020 season
- 2020-02-13 Northern Ireland: Potato growers see ‘First Earlies’ of 2020
- 2020-02-12 "We need to regain trust and talk to people proactively"
- 2020-02-12 Cyprus: Frost takes toll on potato crop in Famagusta district
- 2020-02-12 ITC to export 1,500 tonnes of sweet potatoes to Europe this year
- 2020-02-12 Ukraine: Short 1.2 mln tons of potato storage capacity
- 2020-02-11 Indian onion farmers protest ban on exports
- 2020-02-11 Moscow to host 'Potato Industry 2020' event in June