- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Black garlic supplies steady as popularity grows
“This year, the total crop quantity for Chinese garlic is similar to that of last year,” said John Huang, an importer of Black Garlic based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Black garlic is made by taking white garlic and fermenting it at high temperatures, so the supplies of white garlic go a long way toward determining the supplies of Black garlic. Huang noted that with no increase in white garlic, prices for black garlic will remain robust.
“This means the cost of the raw material for black garlic has remained at a high level,” said Huang.
Huang sources his black garlic from the Shangdong and Yunnan provinces in China. The product from Shangdong features multiple cloves, whereas the product from Yunnan is smaller and is only one clove. Cold storage facilities mean the product can be stored and shipped year-round, and Huang said his main markets remain the US, Canada, Singapore, Australia, France, Germany, South Korea, Japan, China and the UK.
For more information:
Tel.: +1-902-488-2588; +86-13602543020
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-19 India: Federation starts procurement of onions from Lasalgaon
- 2019-04-19 Onion supplier to introduce new marketing campaign at Viva Fresh
- 2019-04-19 Onion prices up 96% on last year
- 2019-04-19 Showcasing the potential of a mechanised potato value chain in Kenya
- 2019-04-19 Indian potato cultivators mistrustful of last-minute doles & quick fixes by government
- 2019-04-19 GB end-of-March potato stocks estimated at 0.98Mt
- 2019-04-18 'Austrian onion prices at record level'
- 2019-04-18 India: Will low potato prices hurt Modi’s BJP in Uttar Pradesh?
- 2019-04-18 Republic of Georgia: Increased production of crops, vegetables & fruits in 2018
- 2019-04-18 Changes to Canada’s Agriculture and Agri-Foods potato breeding program
- 2019-04-18 Potato market Ireland – Update 17th April
- 2019-04-18 "Things started picking up with Easter coming"
- 2019-04-17 Netherlands: Low and expensive offer of early Mediterraneans
- 2019-04-17 Azerbaijan: Dropping onion, potato & cabbage prices
- 2019-04-17 Pakistan: Ready to export cheap onions to Iran
- 2019-04-16 Harvesting of new potatoes to start soon in Puglia.
- 2019-04-16 Mexico has shipped 215,000 tons of potatoes
- 2019-04-16 Potato cultivation is gaining ground again in Spain
- 2019-04-16 Bolivia hopes to cut dependence on imports of Peruvian potatoes
- 2019-04-16 Organic California potatoes commencing shipping