- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Cantaloupe planting begins in Rocky Ford
Rocky Ford cantaloupe farmers are putting in more than 550 acres of melons for the summer of 2013, according to the Rocky Ford Growers Association. Officials said that's an almost 40 percent increase from last year.
However, because of the drought, other crops such as corn, wheat and soybeans won’t get planted this year, officials said.
"This year our challenge is water. We are cutting back on other crops in order to be able to plant enough fresh, sweet and juicy Rocky Ford Cantaloupes," said Michael Hirakata, RFGA Board Chairman.
Hirakata said last year farmers had to deal with increasing consumer confidence in the farmers safety measures.
To ensure safety, the Rocky Ford Growers Association said all of its members will be required to use The Hirakata or L&M Shed to process their melons.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-05-29 Gaza Strip achieves watermelon self-sufficiency
- 2015-05-29 Spain: Net profit from melon cultivation up 122%
- 2015-05-29 The success of the sweetest melons in Spain
- 2015-05-28 Piel de Sapo melons still have room for growth
- 2015-05-28 Lower melon and watermelon yields and higher Brix levels
- 2015-05-27 Spain: Net profit from watermelon cultivation up
- 2015-05-26 "Piel de Sapo melons must follow steps to success of seedless watermelons"
- 2015-05-25 Grupo AGF to produce over 70 million kilos of Fashion® watermelons
- 2015-05-22 Moroccan watermelon exports to Europe up 260% in 2014
- 2015-05-22 "Almeria has learned to harvest watermelons at the right moment"
- 2015-05-21 Grower working to save disappearing watermelon variety
- 2015-05-20 High temperatures boost Almeria melon and watermelon consumption
- 2015-05-19 "Spain: "Fashion is currently the king of watermelons"
- 2015-05-18 US (ARK): Spring weather delays melon crop
- 2015-05-15 US: Honey Dew season from Mexico kicks off
- 2015-05-13 Spain: Grupo AGF and SAT Almanzora, outraged by COAG accusations
- 2015-05-11 Spain buys almost 50 million kilos of Brazilian melons
- 2015-05-08 Germany and France, main buyers of Spanish watermelons
- 2015-05-07 S.Dakota melon farmers still optimistic
- 2015-05-06 "COAG Almeria denounces "in-season" melon and watermelon imports"