- Produce Construction Manager - USA
- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
CAC plans Cinco de Mayo promotion
US: Record-breaking 87.3 million pounds of avocados expected to be consumed
“The California avocado season is well underway, and Cinco de Mayo is an excellent time for us to promote,” said Jan DeLyser, CAC vice president of marketing. “CAC is working with retailers to provide customized support to build an outstanding spring through fall season, and the Cinco de Mayo festivities are a key component.”
CAC will once again tap into the talents of the Too Hot Tamales, celebrity chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, to promote Cinco de Mayo California avocado recipes through media outreach. This year May 5th falls on a Sunday, so the chefs have focused on Cinco de Mayo brunch recipes including California Avocado Chorizo Egg-in-the-Hole and Crispy Black Bean Corn Cakes with Smoky California Avocado Salsa.
“We love California avocado season because the fruit is just so fresh and delicious, it’s perfect not just for Cinco de Mayo but for many, many dishes” said Chef Susan Feniger. Partner chef Mary Sue Milliken added, “It’s a natural for us to endorse California avocados because we love the versatility of avocados and really believe in the premium quality of those from California.”
Online and social media promotion figures prominently in CAC’s plans, including a Cinco de Mayo microsite. Since the festivity occurs on a Sunday this year, the microsite will include brunch recipes and will promote ideas to “celebrate Cinco all weekend long”. CAC’s Facebook page, which now has more than 157,000 fans, will offer a Cinco de Mayo sweepstakes with a chance for consumers to win cash and fresh California avocados. Online banner advertising will support the activities, and to extend the program reach, blogger ambassadors will promote the CAC chef recipes as well as some of their own Cinco de Mayo recipes featuring California avocados. A CAC-sponsored blogger recipe contest is expected to generate a lot of interest.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-29 Producers test pitaya, pecan, and soursop crops in Almeria
- 2020-09-29 "Spanish kakis have a great future overseas"
- 2020-09-28 "Waste generated by pineapple cultivation is a major problem in Costa Rica"
- 2020-09-28 Vietnam to sort out issues with US and resume fruit exports
- 2020-09-28 Kerala High Court wants pineapple growers’ pleas for relief to be heard
- 2020-09-28 Vietnam: Business matching event focuses on boosting fruit trade with Shanghai
- 2020-09-28 Rise of tropical crops as alternative to citrus in the fields of Castellon
- 2020-09-25 Ecuador exports 92% of its mangos to the US
- 2020-09-24 Export value of Malaysia’s tropical fruits rising
- 2020-09-24 EVFTA gives Vietnamese fruit exports a great boost
- 2020-09-24 Chile announces opening of South Korean market to its Hass avocados
- 2020-09-23 Canadians welcome pineapples from newer countries of origin
- 2020-09-23 India: 181 tons of pomegranates exported from Bengaluru airport
- 2020-09-23 Fiji: Increase in pineapple farming in Vakabuli Paipai
- 2020-09-23 Producers from the Cauca Valley will produce two new varieties of guava
- 2020-09-23 Spanish kaki campaign kicks off with good prices in first contracts
- 2020-09-22 "Many more Brazilian mangoes on the Belgian market for three weeks now"
- 2020-09-22 Mango cultivar resistance against anthracnose
- 2020-09-21 Looking for marketers of Dominican avocados
- 2020-09-21 Red-purple dragon fruit to get a new name