- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Domincan Republic exports 300,000 tons bananas to EU
Last week, during the "Towards the Development of a Sustainable Strategy for the Dominican Republic's Banana Market" workshop, she said that the Dominican Republic's share in the export market for this item is quite important for a small country.
In her lecture titled "The Current Situation in the Global Banana Market", Krivonos stated that, compared to 2010, global exports of the crop increased by 7.7% in 2011.
During the meeting that is part of the United Nations Program, "Strengthening the Banana Value Chain through the Growth of Inclusive Markets" and which brought together producers and exporters, Krivonos pointed out that 80% of world exports come from Latin America and the Caribbean.
In 2000, the Dominican Republic only exported 50 thousand tons of bananas to the EU, she said.
According to Gero Vaagt, FAO's representative in the country, the Dominican Republic's banana sector is not very strong; it has a low productivity and weak producers' associations, which is why he suggested better coordination and cooperation between banana producers.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-22 Chiquita shares its water reduction efforts on World Water Day
- 2019-03-22 "Unconventional" theme for company's banana month
- 2019-03-22 Organic banana production in Piura, Peru, sees economic growth
- 2019-03-21 A modern ripening plant doesn’t necessarily make a good banana
- 2019-03-21 Fyffes implements water recycling system in Costa Rica
- 2019-03-21 Banana production areas in Yunnan and Laos suffer from hailstorms
- 2019-03-20 Green-ripe banana
- 2019-03-20 “Getting the right supply chain information is crucial”
- 2019-03-20 Chinese banana prices readjust as supply speed grows
- 2019-03-20 Food service a growth market for bananas
- 2019-03-19 Diseases in Ecuadorian crops increase due to misuse of agrochemicals
- 2019-03-19 Banana blossom: Vegan dish with the texture of fish
- 2019-03-19 China: Banana prices rise in production areas, but not in fruit markets
- 2019-03-18 "High banana price almost more than the Chinese market can handle"
- 2019-03-18 Chinese banana price rapidly increased in March
- 2019-03-18 The President of Brazil denies favoritism with the restriction on Ecuadorian banana
- 2019-03-18 Ecuadorian banana shipments dropped by 3.32% in January
- 2019-03-18 Myanmar increases banana supplies to China
- 2019-03-15 New challenges to Peruvian bananas coming from neighboring countries
- 2019-03-15 Bolivia more than doubled banana sales to Chile in 2018