- Grower, Vine Crops - Richmond (KY) USA
- Cultivation/Propagation Manager Young Plants - Australia
- Assistant Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Global Category Director for Cherries - Chile, North America, Australia or New Zealand
- Head of Sales - LA (California) USA
- Head of Agronomy: Research & Development - Berlin, Germany
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager - South Africa
- Grower - Philippines
- Assistant technical manager
- Food Safety and Quality Director - South Bend (IN) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Mission Produce enters the mango category
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL MELON AND WATERMELON MARKET
- "The Chilean grape season ended abruptly, but no shortages on the European market"
- Tessara Berrisys: Big difference in arrival quality of blueberries
- “Our strength is to sell produce from Africa directly to North American retailers”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Portugal surpasses Spain and becomes the fourth biggest processed tomato exporter.
Portugal exports 95% of their production and, last year, processed 1.2 million tons of tomatoes, which corresponds to a business volume that exceeded 250 million Euros.
Italy is the leading European processed tomato exporter, followed by Portugal, with almost 20% of the total exports.
Domestic production is intended primarily for Europe, where the UK is the largest market, followed by Spain, Holland and Germany.
Outside European borders, Japan is the biggest customer, accounting for about 10% of total exports.
Other major importers include Kuwait, Russia and Australia, with about 7,500 imported tons each.
Portugal produces tomato paste and other products such as sauces and ketchup.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-03-05 Supplies of iceberg lettuce exceed demand
- 2021-03-05 "Egyptian import volumes can probably be doubled"
- 2021-03-05 "Sales of delicate tomatoes remain unaffected by the pandemic"
- 2021-03-05 When commodities are sold as premium, confusion grips the market
- 2021-03-05 "We're expanding because we want to continue to support food service"
- 2021-03-05 The weather affects fennel crops
- 2021-03-05 Half of Sicilian companies report Tomato Brown Rugose Fruit Virus infections
- 2021-03-04 Limpopo hot pepper grower looks to export
- 2021-03-04 A couple of Brazilian lawyers quit their jobs in Belo Horizonte to grow shiitake in Nova Lima
- 2021-03-04 "Black truffle producers were unable to cover production costs this year"
- 2021-03-04 Moroccan tomato sales to the European Union have increased by 26.38% in the last 5 years
- 2021-03-04 First domestic and Greek shipments are coming onto the market
- 2021-03-04 "Moderate chicory prices on the market, but confident of an upturn"
- 2021-03-04 Drop in demand for Cardoncelli mushrooms, but plans are in place for the coming months
- 2021-03-03 Great prospects for commercial capsicum farming
- 2021-03-03 Why is the EC allowing Moroccan tomato imports to breach their quota in the middle of Andalusia's campaign?
- 2021-03-02 Italian spinach sales increased by 15%
- 2021-03-02 Slight price recovery for Italian pumpkins
- 2021-03-02 Four new hybrid solanum varieties offered
- 2021-03-02 "We have been growing with green beans by 30% annually over the last 3 years"