- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Portugal surpasses Spain and becomes the fourth biggest processed tomato exporter.
Portugal exports 95% of their production and, last year, processed 1.2 million tons of tomatoes, which corresponds to a business volume that exceeded 250 million Euros.
Italy is the leading European processed tomato exporter, followed by Portugal, with almost 20% of the total exports.
Domestic production is intended primarily for Europe, where the UK is the largest market, followed by Spain, Holland and Germany.
Outside European borders, Japan is the biggest customer, accounting for about 10% of total exports.
Other major importers include Kuwait, Russia and Australia, with about 7,500 imported tons each.
Portugal produces tomato paste and other products such as sauces and ketchup.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Italy: The sowing phase of the PGI Spring Carrot from Ispica is over
- 2018-12-18 Italy: static sales for leeks
- 2018-12-18 Lettuces slim on supplies post-romaine recall
- 2018-12-18 New arugula varieties entering the US market January 2019
- 2018-12-18 "Green mini asparagus already established within gastronomy"
- 2018-12-18 China: "Bonsai vegetables" trending in Shanghai
- 2018-12-18 Spain: "Prices should not be set by just a handful of marketers"
- 2018-12-18 “Prices of lettuce varieties doing well"
- 2018-12-17 Tomato supplies tight for December
- 2018-12-17 UK: Florette launches festive packaging for Crispy range
- 2018-12-17 Artichokes are an important product for Tunisia
- 2018-12-17 Turkish company exports 20 varieties of miniature vegetables
- 2018-12-17 “Practical giant white radish for Dutch market”
- 2018-12-17 In Egypt and Morocco the season of green beans is underway
- 2018-12-17 “Organic chestnut mushrooms more popular than white mushrooms”
- 2018-12-17 Italy: Garlic segment at risk
- 2018-12-17 Turkey: Harvest in the fields after heavy rain
- 2018-12-14 China: Demand for organic sweet potato exceeds supply
- 2018-12-14 Italy: Dehydrated garlic, gentler smell but stronger taste
- 2018-12-14 Marcel van der Pluijm starts Feeling Fresh