- Junior buyer/ seller - Alicante, Spain
- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Sales Manager
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- Sales Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Package with avocados in different ripening stages launched
- Unrest in Chile affects cherry export to China
- Blueberries see stronger availability for 2019-2020 imports
- Hars & Hagebauer is looking for agents/producers in South Africa
- "It is everyone’s responsibility to accurately show how many hectares have been planted and where to forecast the future volumes"
Top 5 -last month
Pakistan: Washing and grading machines gives potato export a lift
The machine was imported at a cost of Rs 10 million and is of Indian and Mexican construction.
Abdul Wahid a leading fruit exporter and former Chairman of All Pakistan Fruit and Vegetable Importers and Exporters Association said that, despite bumper crops, a lack of modern processing and grading of the potato hindered its export.
The lack of modern equipment, for washing, for one thing, has limited export to a few markets, including Sri Lanka, Malaysia and some Gulf Countries.
The lucrative European, Central Asian and Russian markets have so far remained out of reach, with few exceptions.
The new machine is thought to be the first in the country that will wash and grade the potatoes, preparing them to a standard suitable for international trade.
To have a real impact there will need to be many more such machines imported into the country.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-15 Pakistan to export onions to Bangladesh
- 2019-11-15 "Hardy Dutch onion variety meets growers and processors' demands"
- 2019-11-14 "Good push for Thanksgiving this week, but next week we’ll see the big rush"
- 2019-11-14 US potato production is down 6 percent
- 2019-11-14 Manitoba potato harvest comes up short
- 2019-11-14 Australian sweet potatoes to arrive in Europe mid-January
- 2019-11-14 Good prices for shallots
- 2019-11-13 Unique industry get-together for the potato industry on the eve of Fruit Logistica
- 2019-11-13 Despite shortages, India to continue onion export to Maldives
- 2019-11-13 Ukraine breaks its potato import record
- 2019-11-13 Mongolian growers have domestic potato demand covered this year
- 2019-11-13 Scottish potato industry unites to tackle pest threat
- 2019-11-13 "Large onion export but good supply in trade"
- 2019-11-13 “Britain facing potato shortage after failure to dredge rivers led to flooding”
- 2019-11-12 Bangladesh to import onions from Pakistan
- 2019-11-12 Colorado potato production down 9% in October 2019
- 2019-11-12 DC Central Kitchen’s Capital Food Fight uses sweet potatoes as secret ingredient
- 2019-11-12 Rwandan farmers should go for disease and pest resistant sweet potatoes
- 2019-11-12 The price of Spanish potatoes is 35% lower than last year
- 2019-11-12 The harvest of Galicia IXP potatoes in Spain totals 10,000 tons