- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Sales Manager
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Greece will have stronger kiwi volumes this season”
- There could be a gap in fruit supply out of Chile this coming season
- One Israeli company dominating avocado exports
- “We are reaching our strategic goal of becoming a year-round player”
- Australian cherry harvest looking good, but airfreight will pose a challenge
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Pakistan: Washing and grading machines gives potato export a lift
The machine was imported at a cost of Rs 10 million and is of Indian and Mexican construction.
Abdul Wahid a leading fruit exporter and former Chairman of All Pakistan Fruit and Vegetable Importers and Exporters Association said that, despite bumper crops, a lack of modern processing and grading of the potato hindered its export.
The lack of modern equipment, for washing, for one thing, has limited export to a few markets, including Sri Lanka, Malaysia and some Gulf Countries.
The lucrative European, Central Asian and Russian markets have so far remained out of reach, with few exceptions.
The new machine is thought to be the first in the country that will wash and grade the potatoes, preparing them to a standard suitable for international trade.
To have a real impact there will need to be many more such machines imported into the country.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-22 Haith Group sees a lot of interest in bag filling machine after video post on social media
- 2020-10-22 Indian onion supplies hit, traders get Iranian and Egyptian goods
- 2020-10-22 Pakistan; Shortage of trackers impedes onion imports from Afghanistan
- 2020-10-22 Brazil focuses its potato production on the domestic market
- 2020-10-22 “Spring onions are becoming increasingly popular”
- 2020-10-22 Announcement of six weeks of lockdown measures to negatively affect Irish food service sector
- 2020-10-22 East Oregon white onions still a hot item, reds and yellows moving as well
- 2020-10-22 Onion prices continue to soar in Tirupati
- 2020-10-22 Bhutan potato exports have yet to pick up
- 2020-10-22 AHDB CEO Jane King to step down
- 2020-10-21 Bombay High Court directs Customs to clear held-up onion shipment for export
- 2020-10-21 South African potato prices up 140% in just four months
- 2020-10-21 Ontario growers notice longer tubers during harvesting
- 2020-10-21 "Long life and finely diced onions now in our range thanks to new processing line"
- 2020-10-20 CRISPR used to make sweet potatoes larger and more nutritious
- 2020-10-20 "40,000 tons of export in a week? Then no-one rested"
- 2020-10-19 UK: Demand for potatoes dropped severely due to restriction uncertainty
- 2020-10-19 Ukraine to harvest less potatoes and vegetables
- 2020-10-19 "Fries market is terrible, consumer market is reasonably good"
- 2020-10-19 The INIA develops new variety of high-yielding sweet potato