- Business Development Manager - Italy
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Key accounter - BNL, Germany, France, UK
- General Manager | Fresh Produce | Holland
- Blueberry Farm Manager - Abbotsleigh, Australia
- Greenhouse Technician UNH, Durham, NH, USA
- Senior Grower - Two Wells, Australia
- Field Service Technicians - Chile, South Africa, UK, USA, and New Zealand
- Operations Manager young plant production farm - East Africa
- International Account Manager - Export
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: C.H. Robinson and AARP Foundation unveil new Tropicana® clementines packaging to help fight hunger
Available on three-pound bags and five-pound race CARtons, the packaging will include imagery of the campaign’s spokesperson, four-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Jeff Gordon and the No. 24 Drive to End Hunger Chevrolet. The specially designed packaging is made available as part of C.H. Robinson’s role as a proud supporter of the Drive to End Hunger initiative. C.H. Robinson will also be making donations to AARP Foundation for the initiative throughout 2013, and has committed to donating at least $25,000.
Drive to End Hunger raises awareness and funds to address the problem of hunger among people 50 years and older, as well as develops both short- and long-term solutions to the hunger problem.
“We are proud to be able to put C.H. Robinson’s expertise in the produce industry to work with AARP Foundation in their campaign against hunger,” said James Rasmussen, fruit category manager at C.H. Robinson. “This program not only offers unique packaging to shoppers to raise awareness, but also allows us as a company to give back to an important cause.”
A Quick Response (QR) code, available on both packaging options, sends users to a secure AARP Foundation website where direct donations can be made to the initiative. Shoppers that make a donation of $24 or more will receive a Drive to End Hunger hat.
“Too many older Americans, in communities across the country, struggle to put food on the table,” said Jo Ann Jenkins, AARP Foundation president. “We’re grateful for the opportunity to work with C.H. Robinson and some of the nation’s leading food retailers to raise awareness of the problem of hunger among older Americans and AARP Foundation’s efforts to provide solutions through Drive to End Hunger.”
Nearly nine million Americans age 50 years and older are at risk for hunger every day which is a 79 percent increase in the last 10 years. Since AARP and AARP Foundation launched Drive to End Hunger, the initiative has donated almost 16 million meals and driven corporate and individual donor commitments with an expected value of more than $17.5 million.
For more information:
C. H. Robinson
Tel: +1 952 937 6761
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-26 Migros Eastern Switzerland reacts to intensifying competition
- 2019-06-26 Peru: Cerro Prieto Agricultural acquires shares in Colombia
- 2019-06-26 Life Resilience makes progress in the fight against Xylella in Tuscany
- 2019-06-26 HF Foods Group and B&R Global Holdings enter merger agreement
- 2019-06-26 France: MIN of Toulouse
- 2019-06-26 UK factory in Lancashire opens - creating 100 jobs
- 2019-06-26 Grupo IFA surpasses 24,000 million Euro consolidated turnover
- 2019-06-25 New Hoogsteder site: the inauguration reflected the company’s ambitions
- 2019-06-25 Photo Report: wholesale market Cologne
- 2019-06-25 "French Orangered apricots are now increasingly in the market"
- 2019-06-25 Tomra launches customer service center in Bengaluru, India
- 2019-06-25 Suning.com to acquire 80% share of Carrefour China
- 2019-06-25 "I grease the cogs of Spanish suppliers and international clients"
- 2019-06-24 Colombia: Frubana intends to expand operations to Mexico and Brazil
- 2019-06-24 Pitting machines for avocado and stone fruit: the Latin American market responds well
- 2019-06-24 Hema Fresh becomes independent business group
- 2019-06-24 Lamb Weston signs agreement to acquire Australian frozen potato processor Ready Meals Pty Ltd
- 2019-06-24 Dutch abbGrowers might sell 50% of its shares to overseas growers
- 2019-06-24 Netherlands: Highest financial yield per hectare in history of HZPC
- 2019-06-24 Agristo founder Luc Raes passed away