- Fruit Business Manager - Hong Kong SAR
- Regional Sales Manager - Northern EU
- Irrigation Manager - Cressy (Tasmania) Australia
- Verkoop Assistent Duitse Retail - Bleiswijk
- Packhouse Manager - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Europe has quickly become the biggest destination for our pomegranate arils”
- Early Cape avocado harvest meets huge demand and buoyant prices
- Chile is beginning to experience an extreme drought situation
- Northern Territory: Mango crops destroyed by fires
- US fruit growers find themselves in middle of labor visa fight
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Arava: Marketing premium strawberries from the Gaza Strip
The season itself it expected to last till Mid-February with cumulative amounts of approximately 400 tons of fruit. The variety chosen this year is Tamar, a very well known specimen of strawberry which is best characterized by its sweet flavor, tenderness and, extended shelf life. To add some spice and differentiation, Arava Export Growers Ltd. had taken upon itself the task of branding this year's yield by perfecting the sorting process for better consistency and quality. In addition to that, Aravoa is introducing a new line of packaging that includes black boxes, designed punnets and attractive stickers. "This action is for the benefit of ensuring superior quality, consistency and, distinctiveness. We want to make sure that European markets will be well aware of the Gaza Strawberries and, consciously, place them on a higher rank than the competition".
In recent months steps had been made by Palestinian Crops to certify all growers with a Global Gap certificate and, at the same time, implement a strict protocol for MRL residue levels.
Omer Kamp, of Arava, said "It is with great pride that we can proclaim to have tested the fields with ZERO tolerance and yet, achieve full success. All growers are now certified and, with no exception, MRL tests came out clean.
"It is essential to point out that many efforts were given for this season to succeed. Aside from the technical issues, the growers and Arava are fully committed to show the benefits of mutual cooperation and how it could make a difference in perceptions."
Fruit is now available in packaging of 10x250 and is available from:
Fruit World NL.
Total Produce Ireland.
Pacific Produce UK.
Garden Frutta Italy.
For more information:
Tel: +972 3 97 28 127
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-20 Fruitcase: The world's first fruit on wheels
- 2019-09-20 Chile’s fruit and berry exports could drop dramatically if it does not solve water problem
- 2019-09-19 Third-party quality inspection agencies help Chinese importers ensure fruit quality
- 2019-09-18 Second annual “Pears for Pairs" campaign kicks off
- 2019-09-16 China: High fruit prices dip
- 2019-09-13 Bangladesh: Fruit imports are soaring
- 2019-09-12 Fruit growers in Spanish region of Navarre unhappy about prices
- 2019-09-10 Washington's Sweetie apple has started shipping this week
- 2019-09-10 Fresh fruit is one of the top US food exports to Hong Kong
- 2019-09-06 "Our fruit is now a gift in plastic packaging or a container"
- 2019-09-06 Romanian fruit trade - January to April 2019
- 2019-09-05 Argentina: Pyrethroid resistance mutation in Cydia pomonella
- 2019-09-05 Turkish apples are exported all over the world
- 2019-09-05 Turkish cherry, grape and pomegranate exporters join forces to set new records
- 2019-09-04 Australian fruit farms feel the heat in northern Victoria
- 2019-09-04 Fruit trade shortage in Flanders at 530 million, double that of 2016
- 2019-09-02 How will Chinese fruit wholesale market prices fare in the rest of 2019?
- 2019-08-30 There is still room for Spanish fruit in the Chinese market
- 2019-08-29 “Still good demand for summer fruit in Belgium; increased demand for grapes”
- 2019-08-28 Better Polish apple season expected; trade expansion efforts must continue