- Head Grower (Vine Crops) US / Canada
- Grower/Manager - Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Junior/Senior Agronomist for Italy and abroad
- Cacao Research Collection Manager - UC Davis campus
- Commercial Manager - Europe
- Sale Manager - remote position located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- State Specialist/Extension Professor of Plant Pathology - Durham (NH) USA
- Grower - Snowflake, Arizona
- Sales Director
- Master Hydroponics Grower - Bethesda (MD) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Civil unrest brings Durban harbour and cold stores to a standstill
- South Africa: Citrus farms pull the brake on harvesting & packing as anarchy continues
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW AVOCADOS
- California drought causing multi-layered effects
- Corrugated box makers in trouble as Himachal government switches to plastic trays
Top 5 -last month
Arava: Marketing premium strawberries from the Gaza Strip
The season itself it expected to last till Mid-February with cumulative amounts of approximately 400 tons of fruit. The variety chosen this year is Tamar, a very well known specimen of strawberry which is best characterized by its sweet flavor, tenderness and, extended shelf life. To add some spice and differentiation, Arava Export Growers Ltd. had taken upon itself the task of branding this year's yield by perfecting the sorting process for better consistency and quality. In addition to that, Aravoa is introducing a new line of packaging that includes black boxes, designed punnets and attractive stickers. "This action is for the benefit of ensuring superior quality, consistency and, distinctiveness. We want to make sure that European markets will be well aware of the Gaza Strawberries and, consciously, place them on a higher rank than the competition".
In recent months steps had been made by Palestinian Crops to certify all growers with a Global Gap certificate and, at the same time, implement a strict protocol for MRL residue levels.
Omer Kamp, of Arava, said "It is with great pride that we can proclaim to have tested the fields with ZERO tolerance and yet, achieve full success. All growers are now certified and, with no exception, MRL tests came out clean.
"It is essential to point out that many efforts were given for this season to succeed. Aside from the technical issues, the growers and Arava are fully committed to show the benefits of mutual cooperation and how it could make a difference in perceptions."
Fruit is now available in packaging of 10x250 and is available from:
Fruit World NL.
Total Produce Ireland.
Pacific Produce UK.
Garden Frutta Italy.
For more information:
Tel: +972 3 97 28 127
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-07-23 Imida showcased more than 60 traditional varieties of melon preserved in its Germplasm Bank
- 2021-07-23 Update on California organic pear and apple harvests
- 2021-07-23 Lower volume of Lemonade apples this season
- 2021-07-23 Enduring the ongoing effects of the pandemic is taking its toll on Australian farmers
- 2021-07-23 Monterey County: Agri industry faced big revenue drop in 2020
- 2021-07-23 Maine farms: Recent rain too little, too late for some blueberry crops
- 2021-07-23 New Massachusetts loading location for organic and conventional cranberries
- 2021-07-23 Santa Maria fall strawberries around the corner
- 2021-07-23 USA fresh blueberries arrive in China
- 2021-07-23 “Watermelon consumption stagnated after years of growth”
- 2021-07-23 “Turkish cherries were expensive this year”
- 2021-07-23 Chilean fresh fruit exports to India increased by 133%
- 2021-07-23 Fall Creek South Africa triples during its first year
- 2021-07-23 Hail and uprooting of vines negatively affect table grape harvest
- 2021-07-23 "Early Desire pears a positive exception to overall crop expectations"
- 2021-07-23 "A quickly-to-be forgotten pear season, on to a cost price-plus model"
- 2021-07-23 "Local presence is the key to our success with Balkan stone fruit"
- 2021-07-23 Perfection Fresh acquires full ownership of Fruit Master Table Grapes
- 2021-07-23 Recent rainfall is a boon for Vermont blueberry season
- 2021-07-23 "The overwhelming popularity of a new apple variety has caused some challenges"