- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Greenhouse Investment Analyst - Portland (OR) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
- Head Grower - Bahrain
- Quality Assurance Manager - (Victoria, NSW or Tasmania) Australia
- (Assistant) Manager
- Senior Commodities Trader | Pulses | Ukraine
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Arava: Marketing premium strawberries from the Gaza Strip
The season itself it expected to last till Mid-February with cumulative amounts of approximately 400 tons of fruit. The variety chosen this year is Tamar, a very well known specimen of strawberry which is best characterized by its sweet flavor, tenderness and, extended shelf life. To add some spice and differentiation, Arava Export Growers Ltd. had taken upon itself the task of branding this year's yield by perfecting the sorting process for better consistency and quality. In addition to that, Aravoa is introducing a new line of packaging that includes black boxes, designed punnets and attractive stickers. "This action is for the benefit of ensuring superior quality, consistency and, distinctiveness. We want to make sure that European markets will be well aware of the Gaza Strawberries and, consciously, place them on a higher rank than the competition".
In recent months steps had been made by Palestinian Crops to certify all growers with a Global Gap certificate and, at the same time, implement a strict protocol for MRL residue levels.
Omer Kamp, of Arava, said "It is with great pride that we can proclaim to have tested the fields with ZERO tolerance and yet, achieve full success. All growers are now certified and, with no exception, MRL tests came out clean.
"It is essential to point out that many efforts were given for this season to succeed. Aside from the technical issues, the growers and Arava are fully committed to show the benefits of mutual cooperation and how it could make a difference in perceptions."
Fruit is now available in packaging of 10x250 and is available from:
Fruit World NL.
Total Produce Ireland.
Pacific Produce UK.
Garden Frutta Italy.
For more information:
Tel: +972 3 97 28 127
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-24 Uncertainty in the Polish cherry market
- 2020-07-24 “Turkey’s total fresh cherry production will pass last year’s figures”
- 2020-07-23 Deutsche Bank and Swades Foundation to plant 40,000 fruit trees in Raigad
- 2020-07-22 More than half of Hungarian plum harvest has been lost
- 2020-07-22 US blueberry shipping point prices at $260 from 05-11 July
- 2020-07-21 Fruit thieves strike Michigan farms
- 2020-07-16 A focus on improving quality pays off for Queensland melon grower
- 2020-07-16 Hungarian watermelon season has been delayed this year
- 2020-07-16 New Chinese honey pomelo export season on schedule
- 2020-07-16 First report of banana fruit rot in Jordan
- 2020-07-16 Future of Canary agriculture hangs in the balance ahead of next European Council meeting
- 2020-07-16 Philippines: Value of banana exports down 10% to $758.112 million
- 2020-07-16 “Plastic in conflict with Fairtrade & organic Fairtrade bananas”
- 2020-07-14 A convenient grocery shopping destination ‘at the click of a button!"
- 2020-07-13 Tonnage of fruit imports to Russia down, but up value-wise in Q1 2020
- 2020-07-13 Strawberry campaign in Poland has been affected by the weather
- 2020-07-09 British Columbia cherry packers invest in new grading lines and cold storage
- 2020-07-09 Thailand: New protocol on fruit exports to China signed
- 2020-07-08 'New Zealand growers should aim for smaller crops with larger fruit'
- 2020-07-08 NZ visa changes will allow stranded Pacific Islands fruit pickers to work other jobs