- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Turnkey Vegetable Greenhouse Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- South Africa issues notice of termination of some citrus exports to the EU
- Ozone brings MRLs of fungicides and pesticides down within limits
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL POMEGRANATE MARKET
- "Disappointing period for mandarins recently, no stocks of oranges"
- “North American blueberry industry needs to innovate to become competitive”
Arava: Marketing premium strawberries from the Gaza Strip
The season itself it expected to last till Mid-February with cumulative amounts of approximately 400 tons of fruit. The variety chosen this year is Tamar, a very well known specimen of strawberry which is best characterized by its sweet flavor, tenderness and, extended shelf life. To add some spice and differentiation, Arava Export Growers Ltd. had taken upon itself the task of branding this year's yield by perfecting the sorting process for better consistency and quality. In addition to that, Aravoa is introducing a new line of packaging that includes black boxes, designed punnets and attractive stickers. "This action is for the benefit of ensuring superior quality, consistency and, distinctiveness. We want to make sure that European markets will be well aware of the Gaza Strawberries and, consciously, place them on a higher rank than the competition".
In recent months steps had been made by Palestinian Crops to certify all growers with a Global Gap certificate and, at the same time, implement a strict protocol for MRL residue levels.
Omer Kamp, of Arava, said "It is with great pride that we can proclaim to have tested the fields with ZERO tolerance and yet, achieve full success. All growers are now certified and, with no exception, MRL tests came out clean.
"It is essential to point out that many efforts were given for this season to succeed. Aside from the technical issues, the growers and Arava are fully committed to show the benefits of mutual cooperation and how it could make a difference in perceptions."
Fruit is now available in packaging of 10x250 and is available from:
Fruit World NL.
Total Produce Ireland.
Pacific Produce UK.
Garden Frutta Italy.
For more information:
Tel: +972 3 97 28 127
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-18 Blueberries grown under innovative agrivoltaic systems
- 2020-09-18 "Good price formation for raspberries all season"
- 2020-09-18 Special breeding programs are designed to meet Chinese consumers’ preferences
- 2020-09-18 First commercial shipment of Brazilian melons to the Chinese market
- 2020-09-18 30% higher prices for Castile-La Mancha's melons and watermelons
- 2020-09-18 Uzbekistan melons see great export numbers
- 2020-09-18 New South Wales blueberry farm offers $50,000 bonus to attract fruit pickers
- 2020-09-18 Organic grower revitalises its plum portfolio while bulk veg exports rise
- 2020-09-18 China: Yantai apple brand hits 14.5 billion yuan in 2020
- 2020-09-17 Retailers taking to vintage SweeTango crop
- 2020-09-17 India: Wholesale apple prices tumbling
- 2020-09-17 Chilean fruit exports between January and August decrease
- 2020-09-17 Investors back Central Otago cherry developments
- 2020-09-17 US: Wildfires and high winds lead to reduction of apple harvest
- 2020-09-17 "Higher apple prices in the Netherlands than at the start of last year"
- 2020-09-17 North Carolina start-up uses CRISPR to change produce DNA
- 2020-09-17 Washington state Ag inspector seeks info on maggot-infested apples
- 2020-09-17 “We don’t anticipate problems with availability and quality of our products”
- 2020-09-17 First Uzbek melons on the Dutch market
- 2020-09-17 "Collaboration within the chain isn't matter-of-course, but is necessary due to pressure on cost price"