- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Greenhouse Investment Analyst - Portland (OR) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
- Head Grower - Bahrain
- Quality Assurance Manager - (Victoria, NSW or Tasmania) Australia
- (Assistant) Manager
- Senior Commodities Trader | Pulses | Ukraine
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Despite reduced volumes
Taiwan remains greatest importer of South Korean apples
In 2009, the first year in which Taiwan was the largest buyer, 92.5% of South Korean apple exports, worth in the region of $17.87 million US, went to the Taiwanese market. In 2010 this had dropped to 86.7% and in 2011, 66.4%.
Since 2010 there have been around 32,250ha dedicated to apple orchards in South Korea, producing in the region of 460,000 tons of fruit each year.
The reduction in exports to Taiwan is said to have been decided upon as a result of competition from other countries, such as Japan, combined with inspection issues - several batches of apples have been found to contain traces of pesticides which are banned in Taiwan.
Statistics show that the US was Taiwan's largest apple provider in 2011, when 52,424.8 metric tons were imported.
Following The US, in order of greatest volume were, Chile, Japan, New Zealand and then South Korea.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-24 Uncertainty in the Polish cherry market
- 2020-07-24 “Turkey’s total fresh cherry production will pass last year’s figures”
- 2020-07-23 Deutsche Bank and Swades Foundation to plant 40,000 fruit trees in Raigad
- 2020-07-22 More than half of Hungarian plum harvest has been lost
- 2020-07-22 US blueberry shipping point prices at $260 from 05-11 July
- 2020-07-21 Fruit thieves strike Michigan farms
- 2020-07-16 A focus on improving quality pays off for Queensland melon grower
- 2020-07-16 Hungarian watermelon season has been delayed this year
- 2020-07-16 New Chinese honey pomelo export season on schedule
- 2020-07-16 First report of banana fruit rot in Jordan
- 2020-07-16 Future of Canary agriculture hangs in the balance ahead of next European Council meeting
- 2020-07-16 Philippines: Value of banana exports down 10% to $758.112 million
- 2020-07-16 “Plastic in conflict with Fairtrade & organic Fairtrade bananas”
- 2020-07-14 A convenient grocery shopping destination ‘at the click of a button!"
- 2020-07-13 Tonnage of fruit imports to Russia down, but up value-wise in Q1 2020
- 2020-07-13 Strawberry campaign in Poland has been affected by the weather
- 2020-07-09 British Columbia cherry packers invest in new grading lines and cold storage
- 2020-07-09 Thailand: New protocol on fruit exports to China signed
- 2020-07-08 'New Zealand growers should aim for smaller crops with larger fruit'
- 2020-07-08 NZ visa changes will allow stranded Pacific Islands fruit pickers to work other jobs