- Salesperson - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
- Business Development Manager - Madrid, Spain
- Commercial Manager - Amsterdam / Europe
- Regional Sales Representative/Manager - Southwest Region (USA)
- Sales Manager
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Mangoes have a greater potential than avocados"
- "We've seen great interest in Shiitake mushrooms from across the globe"
- Oldest family business in South Africa diversifies into citrus
- New plastic-free packaging designs for berries and avocados
- “The Mexican blueberry industry is facing important challenges”
Despite reduced volumes
Taiwan remains greatest importer of South Korean apples
In 2009, the first year in which Taiwan was the largest buyer, 92.5% of South Korean apple exports, worth in the region of $17.87 million US, went to the Taiwanese market. In 2010 this had dropped to 86.7% and in 2011, 66.4%.
Since 2010 there have been around 32,250ha dedicated to apple orchards in South Korea, producing in the region of 460,000 tons of fruit each year.
The reduction in exports to Taiwan is said to have been decided upon as a result of competition from other countries, such as Japan, combined with inspection issues - several batches of apples have been found to contain traces of pesticides which are banned in Taiwan.
Statistics show that the US was Taiwan's largest apple provider in 2011, when 52,424.8 metric tons were imported.
Following The US, in order of greatest volume were, Chile, Japan, New Zealand and then South Korea.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-01-21 Festive ceremony celebrates first export of Chinese pears to Brazil
- 2020-01-20 Growing interest in the supply of Moldovan fruit to foreign markets
- 2020-01-20 Ghana to begin construction of US $6m watermelon factory
- 2020-01-16 Mild January is quite a change for North East fruit farmers
- 2020-01-16 Necessary steps to stop South Africa missing out on fresh fruit export growth
- 2020-01-15 More choices & more convenience with fresh-cut fruit
- 2020-01-15 Research initiative on the Chilean fruit industry
- 2020-01-14 First shipment of Chilean fruit of the season arrives on US West Coast
- 2020-01-14 “This year we plan to export up to 500 000 cold steri processed cartons"
- 2020-01-14 Hail in the Regina productive zone
- 2020-01-14 Namibia prohibits import of infected fruits from Zambia
- 2020-01-13 Chile plans to export 2.7 million tons of fruit in the 2019-2020 season
- 2020-01-08 Softfruit and stonefruit growers suffer losses from bushfires
- 2020-01-07 Tunisia fruit exports up 36% from 2018
- 2020-01-06 Salix Fruits sees growth in US in 2019
- 2020-01-03 Fruit fly larvae reached Tasmanian shores on a Queensland mango
- 2020-01-03 Australia: Bushfires cutting off Nullarbor likely to cost millions
- 2020-01-02 "In the coming three years we plan to open 1000 stores"
- 2020-01-02 Investigating the fatty acid and VOCs profile in avocado genotypes grown in East-Central Florida
- 2019-12-24 Central Otago fruit expansion causes housing shortage