- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Despite reduced volumes
Taiwan remains greatest importer of South Korean apples
In 2009, the first year in which Taiwan was the largest buyer, 92.5% of South Korean apple exports, worth in the region of $17.87 million US, went to the Taiwanese market. In 2010 this had dropped to 86.7% and in 2011, 66.4%.
Since 2010 there have been around 32,250ha dedicated to apple orchards in South Korea, producing in the region of 460,000 tons of fruit each year.
The reduction in exports to Taiwan is said to have been decided upon as a result of competition from other countries, such as Japan, combined with inspection issues - several batches of apples have been found to contain traces of pesticides which are banned in Taiwan.
Statistics show that the US was Taiwan's largest apple provider in 2011, when 52,424.8 metric tons were imported.
Following The US, in order of greatest volume were, Chile, Japan, New Zealand and then South Korea.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-15 Spain: "It didn't go well for winter fruit but stone fruit is eagerly awaited"
- 2019-04-08 Turkish cherries will soon be harvested
- 2019-04-08 Spain: Fruits in Bierzo not affected by the low temperatures
- 2019-04-05 The five most expensive fruits in the world
- 2019-04-05 Argentina's overseas fruit exports decreased by 25%
- 2019-04-04 Fresh fruit exports dropped in 2018
- 2019-04-04 The US continues to receive good volumes of Chilean fruit
- 2019-04-04 Croatian agriculture output increased in 2018
- 2019-04-04 South Africa: Government help needed for fresh fruit exports to flourish
- 2019-04-03 India: Andhra Pradesh No 1 in fruit production
- 2019-04-02 Russia proposes introduction of seasonal quotas for apple imports
- 2019-04-01 China: Average fruit prices rise for "6th consecutive month"
- 2019-03-29 Thailand: Fruit exports flourish through FTA deals
- 2019-03-29 South African fruit sector ripe for harvesting benefits of the fourth industrial revolution
- 2019-03-29 ‘Deporting undocumented workers would have huge cost impact’
- 2019-03-29 Management solutions for fruit flies in Australia and south-east Asia
- 2019-03-27 US campaign against Mexican Fruit Fly
- 2019-03-26 More bananas, less top fruit
- 2019-03-26 Brazilian fruit collector preserves over 1,300 rare types
- 2019-03-26 SpongeBob is not why your child likes junk food