- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Despite reduced volumes
Taiwan remains greatest importer of South Korean apples
In 2009, the first year in which Taiwan was the largest buyer, 92.5% of South Korean apple exports, worth in the region of $17.87 million US, went to the Taiwanese market. In 2010 this had dropped to 86.7% and in 2011, 66.4%.
Since 2010 there have been around 32,250ha dedicated to apple orchards in South Korea, producing in the region of 460,000 tons of fruit each year.
The reduction in exports to Taiwan is said to have been decided upon as a result of competition from other countries, such as Japan, combined with inspection issues - several batches of apples have been found to contain traces of pesticides which are banned in Taiwan.
Statistics show that the US was Taiwan's largest apple provider in 2011, when 52,424.8 metric tons were imported.
Following The US, in order of greatest volume were, Chile, Japan, New Zealand and then South Korea.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-04 Argentina: Blueberry season forecasts
- 2019-12-03 Clemson University student studies disease to aid peach industry
- 2019-12-03 Grape production Peru forecast to reach 648,000 tons in 2019/2020
- 2019-12-02 Freak weather hits Western Australian crops
- 2019-12-02 Unique Japanese fruit
- 2019-12-02 80% of Vietnamese dragon fruit is exported to China
- 2019-12-02 Brazil put in place visual quality standards for fruit and vegetables
- 2019-12-02 Fighting the fly that threatens Chile's fruit
- 2019-11-29 Fruit production Romania is up 40% in last decade
- 2019-11-29 "After a difficult year in 2019, it's reassuring that fruit cooperatives expect an improvement in 2020."
- 2019-11-29 Australian fruit exporters fear trade loss because of Hong Kong protests
- 2019-11-29 Argentine fruit growers continue to struggle with production costs, difficult economic & financial environment
- 2019-11-27 China will remain the largest buyer
- 2019-11-27 SCS425 Luiza, an apple cultivar for Brazilian market
- 2019-11-26 China promotes export of fruit from Hunan
- 2019-11-26 Clove essential oil loaded chitosan nanoparticles preserve the shelf life of pomegranate arils
- 2019-11-25 Chile’s fresh apple, table grape and pear supplies to drop over 2019/2020
- 2019-11-25 Plea to help reduce strawberry farm costs
- 2019-11-22 Imported fruit to see boost in sales
- 2019-11-21 Peaches in summer, persimmons in winter