- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Chief Executive Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
- Moroccan farmers are growing blueberries in the Sahara
- Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba brings technology into agriculture
- China and New Zealand discuss cooperation on new plant varieties
- "Next week, temperatures will increase and strawberry shortage shouldn't be as bad"
- Kiwifruit among the favorite fruits in Europe during the pandemic
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Ito Yokado exploring China's high end retail
These new supermarkets will be located near high-density residential areas, with between 2000 and 3000 square meters of floor space, selling daily necessities, especially fresh food products. Ninety percent of the products sold in these new supermarkets will be from Ito Yokado’s house brand.
It’s the fifteenth year that Ito Yokado has been in the Chinese market. According to an official with Ito Yokado, there are increasing numbers of large-scale commercial centers in China, but in the next 15 to 20 years, small-scale supermarkets will be the driving force in the supermarket industry.
“Considering the population structure, China will enter into an aging society in the next 15 to 20 years. During that time, shopping nearby will become a practical demand,” said the general representative of Ito Yokado (China).
Different from convenience stores such as Seven-Eleven, the new supermarkets will be larger and have more abundant supplies.
At present, Ito Yokado has set a special team to be responsible for this project and plans to open the first new supermarket in Chengdu in 2013.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-20 Sainsbury's will open its first branch in Qatar
- 2021-01-20 Amazon will open 5 facilities in Quebec
- 2021-01-19 Sprouts Farmers Market: Partnership with MyFitnessPal
- 2021-01-19 Amazon will open two new logistics centres in Italy this year
- 2021-01-18 Couche-Tard and Carrefour to work on partnership opportunities after takeover talks failed
- 2021-01-18 Despite supermarket closures DIA maintains turnover
- 2021-01-15 GrubMarket has completed the acquisition of Bengard Marketing
- 2021-01-15 France’s government says it opposes the proposed takeover of Carrefour by Couche-Tard
- 2021-01-14 Tesco: Buoyant Christmas trading
- 2021-01-14 Canada's only My Health My Choices program guide launched by Metro
- 2021-01-13 Morrisons: The first UK supermarket group to guarantee pay of at least £10 an hour
- 2021-01-13 Couche-Tard is exploring a potential acquisition of Carrefour
- 2021-01-12 Todis expects to report a 13% annual growth in turnover
- 2021-01-12 HelloFresh has opened a new distribution center
- 2021-01-11 Auchan Retail Romania has signed a partnership with foodpanda
- 2021-01-11 Costco generated double-digit net and comparable sales growth in December
- 2021-01-08 Aldi Portugal has opened the first of 25 new stores it plans to open in 2021
- 2021-01-08 Albertsons is piloting an automated, temperature-controlled pickup kiosk
- 2021-01-07 Profit outlook raised by Sainsbury's after stellar Christmas
- 2021-01-07 Amazon made its first-ever purchase of Boeing 767-300 aircraft