- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Chief Executive Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Governor accompanies Oregon pears to Hong Kong
“Northwest Pear volumes to the Hong Kong market have doubled in the past 5 years, making Hong Kong our pear industry’s largest export market in Asia, and 8th in size in the world. Currently, over 4,000 members of Oregon’s rural communities contribute to the multitudinous pear harvest that brings the stable quality and ample supply of fresh pears to the territory,” said Gov. John Kitzhaber.
Jeff Correa, Director of International Marketing for Pear Bureau Northwest noted that Hong Kong is one of the Northwest pear industry's top 10 export markets, citing it as a very good export market for Green Anjous, Red Anjous and Bosc pears. “USA Pears have a 7 month window of availability in the Hong Kong market which makes it a key market during the second half of the USA Pear season,” said Correa. “So far this season we are off to a very strong start in Hong Kong, with confirmed orders to date reaching 22,000 boxes; an 87 percent increase of the 2011-12 season total through the same time period.”
For more information:
Pear Bureau Northwest
Tel: +1 (503) 652-9720
Fax: +1 (503) 652-9721
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-20 Low supply and high pricing on watermelons
- 2021-01-20 Blueberries from Chile receive certification from American Heart Association
- 2021-01-20 Five-gram ‘baby watermelons’ now available
- 2021-01-20 Florida Delegation wants investigation into Mexico’s trade policies
- 2021-01-20 Price of imported fruits in Chinese market no longer "crazy"
- 2021-01-20 Chinese fruit prices rising seasonally
- 2021-01-20 Low market price stimulates Chinese apple export
- 2021-01-20 Online Cherry Institute focuses on Little Cherry Disease, pollination and marketing
- 2021-01-20 South African pome fruit growers expecting a good 2021 crop
- 2021-01-19 CIV presents new project "Category Program" for retailers
- 2021-01-19 Fresh melon with ham is elevated to the gourmet category
- 2021-01-19 "Great potential for stone and berry fruit from the Balkan countries"
- 2021-01-19 Moroccan farmers are growing blueberries in the Sahara
- 2021-01-19 Huelva raspberry producers resort to fire to avoid frost
- 2021-01-19 The destocking of pears is proceeding smoothly
- 2021-01-19 "Still a lot of pears in Belgian cold stores, low levels of apple stock"
- 2021-01-19 "Spain is one of the most important markets for Ambrosia™ apples, without a doubt"
- 2021-01-19 "Next week, temperatures will increase and strawberry shortage shouldn't be as bad"
- 2021-01-19 Japanese strawberry farm now sells local varieties online
- 2021-01-19 Chinese strawberries from Dandong will enter peak sales period in February