- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- San Bernardino County, California, quarantined due to HLB detection in single citrus tree
- Package with avocados in different ripening stages launched
- Largest single-build greenhouse in North America nears completion
- “The violence is inherent to the regions, not to the avocados”
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL GINGER MARKET
Taiwan funds St Lucia banana recovery plan
Taiwan has announced a donation of just under $700,000 US to the St Lucian Ministry of Agriculture to enable the commencement of the Banana Recovery Rescue Plan.
"Taiwan and St Lucia have been working together in developing the agriculture sector for several years and this project is just one of the many programmes between our government and it will surely help the banana industry overcome severe challenges," said Taiwanese Ambassador to St Lucia James Chang. "It is my firm belief that through our joint efforts not only the capacity and confidence of the banana farmers will be enhanced, but also the high quality produced will be tremendous business and [bring] marketing rewards to farmers in St Lucia."
Taiwan will also soon be sending on-the-ground support to St Lucia to assist in the fight.
"We do understand what is required — we know we have the scientists and technical experts to do the job and what they require is assistance and constant support," said Agriculture Minister Moses Jn Baptiste. "Over the past months we have been discussing how we can deal with this programme in a scientific way."
Only last month the Prime Minister of St Lucia, Dr Kenny Anthony, announced that the country would retain its diplomatic relations with Taiwan, amidst speculation that it would break in favour of China.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-09 Banana taped to wall which sold for $120,000 was eaten
- 2019-12-06 vanWylick takes over banana ripening operations with a total capacity of approx. 46,000 cartons per week
- 2019-12-06 "Winter" for banana industry in China has come early
- 2019-12-05 Introducing new slashing equipment on banana plantation has proved to be a real time-saver
- 2019-12-05 Chinese-backed banana plantations prompt fear of environmental damage
- 2019-12-05 Artsy. Duct-taped banana selling for $120,000 at Art Basel Miami
- 2019-12-05 Bananas to be exported thanks to Italian processes
- 2019-12-04 Colder weather may stimulate banana trade
- 2019-12-04 Strategies to combat banana diseases discussed by researchers and scientists
- 2019-12-04 Banana exports Davao up in first half of 2019
- 2019-12-04 Nambucca banana growers determined to bounce back
- 2019-12-03 The surprising history of the banana
- 2019-12-03 Pingtung banana sales to Japan double
- 2019-12-03 Russia facing banana shortage due to import ban for Ecuador
- 2019-12-03 "Banana exports from Myanmar to China set to increase"
- 2019-12-03 Artist Ricardo Cavolo to design limited-edition Chiquita stickers
- 2019-12-03 Danish supermarkets to sell only organic bananas
- 2019-12-02 Bananas more expensive on Bermuda due to increased inspections
- 2019-11-29 Research centre to evolve protocol for Kerala banana maritime export
- 2019-11-29 Southeast Asia and China might replace Ecuador as Russia's banana supplier