- Salesperson - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
- Business Development Manager - Madrid, Spain
- Commercial Manager - Amsterdam / Europe
- Regional Sales Representative/Manager - Southwest Region (USA)
- Sales Manager
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Taiwan funds St Lucia banana recovery plan
Taiwan has announced a donation of just under $700,000 US to the St Lucian Ministry of Agriculture to enable the commencement of the Banana Recovery Rescue Plan.
"Taiwan and St Lucia have been working together in developing the agriculture sector for several years and this project is just one of the many programmes between our government and it will surely help the banana industry overcome severe challenges," said Taiwanese Ambassador to St Lucia James Chang. "It is my firm belief that through our joint efforts not only the capacity and confidence of the banana farmers will be enhanced, but also the high quality produced will be tremendous business and [bring] marketing rewards to farmers in St Lucia."
Taiwan will also soon be sending on-the-ground support to St Lucia to assist in the fight.
"We do understand what is required — we know we have the scientists and technical experts to do the job and what they require is assistance and constant support," said Agriculture Minister Moses Jn Baptiste. "Over the past months we have been discussing how we can deal with this programme in a scientific way."
Only last month the Prime Minister of St Lucia, Dr Kenny Anthony, announced that the country would retain its diplomatic relations with Taiwan, amidst speculation that it would break in favour of China.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-01-24 Paraguay broke its banana export record in 2019
- 2020-01-23 Many banana plantations closed for Chinese New Year holiday
- 2020-01-23 Mexico makes its first shipment of bananas to China
- 2020-01-23 IICA, Bayer, and the fruit industry team up to fight the Fusarium worldwide
- 2020-01-23 The banana is the king of fruits in Mexico
- 2020-01-20 Overall banana imports for all importing countries rose 2.5% since 2014
- 2020-01-20 Cameroon: Despite CDC’s activity shutdown, banana exports were more dynamic in 2019 than in 2018
- 2020-01-20 Mexican bananas to be exported to China for first time
- 2020-01-17 Ecuador still hasn't authorized the importation of banana varieties that are resistant to the Fusarium
- 2020-01-17 Banana killing fungal disease TR4: the day after tomorrow
- 2020-01-17 Delhaize the first retailer to introduce CO² neutral bananas
- 2020-01-15 Partnership announced with focus on accelerating banana breeding
- 2020-01-15 Banana prices stablizing before Chinese New Year
- 2020-01-14 Guatemala and Nicaragua go over their banana import trigger quota
- 2020-01-13 Vietnamese real estate giant investing in banana growing
- 2020-01-13 "In bananas and tropical fruit, good ripening is essential"
- 2020-01-10 Cameroon's banana exports up 1,036 tons year-on-year in December 2019
- 2020-01-10 Rain and snow in north China is bad for conditions in banana production areas
- 2020-01-09 Latin American banana growers join against EU pesticide restrictions
- 2020-01-09 Portugal finds large cocaine haul stashed in banana shipment