- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
- Chief Commercial Officer - Las Vegas (Nevada) USA
- Sales Executive
- Retail Sales Manager - Remote position, most likely located in the US
- Supply Manager - Category Team (Berries Figs & Pomegranates) Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane (Australia)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Myanmar avocados trial in the UK
- Blueberry grower alleges United Exports claimed royalties on unregistered varieties
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL KAKI MARKET
- Destruction of vegetables in Almería due to the fall in prices this past week
- “The full weight of the ‘shared responsibility’ falls on the banana producers”
Top 5 -last month
Carrefour said to weigh Turkish combination with Migros
The talks are in very early stages and the combination is one of several options Carrefour is exploring for its Turkish operations, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the discussions are confidential. Carrefour has not made a decision about its strategy in Turkey, a person said.
The French retailer is reviewing its businesses in countries where it can’t reach a leadership position, as new Chief Executive Officer Georges Plassat seeks to generate cash and reduce debt after four years of declining operating income.
A combination between Carrefour and Sabanci’s joint venture and Migros would create the largest retailer in Turkey. Carrefour’s Turkish unit has a market capitalization of 1.9 billion Turkish lira ($1 billion), while Migros has a market capitalization of 3.3 billion lira.
Carrefour operates its Turkish division through CarrefourSa Carrefour Sabanci Ticaret Merkezi AS (CARFA), which owns 58 percent of a joint venture with Haci Omer Sabanci Holding AS. (SAHOL)
A spokeswoman for BC declined to comment. Officials at Sabanci were not available for comment. A spokesman for Carrefour declined to comment immediately.
Sabanci may attempt to buy Carrefour out of its Turkish business, Erste Bank AG (EBS) analysts wrote in a note this month. The Turkish company hired Rothschild to review its strategic options for the venture and expects to complete a deal this year, CEO Zafer Kurtul said in February.
Right of Refusal
Both Carrefour and Sabanci have the right of first refusal if the other seeks to sell its part of the business, one person with knowledge of the situation said.
BC Partners, a London-based private equity firm, bought a controlling stake in Migros, based in Istanbul, in 2008, in a transaction valuing Migros at 2 billion euros including debt, according to the firm’s website.
Typically, private equity firms such as BC hold assets for three to five years before selling them.
Carrefour, based in the Paris suburb of Boulogne- Billancourt, announced plans in August to exit Singapore by the end of the year and paid 220 million euros ($235 million) to leave Greece. It has also put Poland and Indonesia under review for possible sales.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-11-26 Quicklly announces its first expansion city
- 2020-11-26 Co-op is expanding robot delivery
- 2020-11-25 iFresh: Fiscal second quarter 2020 financial results
- 2020-11-25 Deal between Tata Group and Bigbasket is on the last lap
- 2020-11-24 HelloFresh acquires Factor75, Inc.
- 2020-11-24 Yandex: Further expansion in Israel
- 2020-11-23 Albert Heijn has extended home delivery service in the Flanders region
- 2020-11-23 Walmart Canada is expanding partnership with Focal Systems
- 2020-11-20 Morrisons: New 'Market Kitchen'
- 2020-11-20 BJ's: "Remarkable" Q3 performance
- 2020-11-19 Spar Group: Strong performance in Ireland and Switzerland
- 2020-11-19 Hy-Vee will be hiring 10,000 new employees
- 2020-11-18 7-Eleven is set to enter Israel
- 2020-11-18 Walmart: Solid sales gains in Q3
- 2020-11-17 ICA: Sales up 8.9% in October 2020
- 2020-11-17 Forager has added to its network several independent grocers in new markets
- 2020-11-16 Dollar General is constructing a first-of-its-kind dual-purpose distribution center
- 2020-11-16 Walmart is selling a majority stake in Japanese supermarket chain Seiyu
- 2020-11-13 SpartanNash: 3.1% Q3 revenue gain
- 2020-11-13 Sonae eked out a 1.6% rise in Q3 net profit on robust sales