Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Hundreds of thousands of kilograms of top fruit ready for destruction
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- “It is almost impossible to market a new apple variety”
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Tropical Fruit
National scientist made Philippines world’s second biggest mango producer
Ramon Barba may not be your stereotypical scientist but this simple man’s technological breakthrough has propelled the country to become the second biggest mango exporter in the world.With his languid smile and easy swagger, the 74-year-old takes pride in his work in plant physiology that has been adopted.....
Peru: Avocado exports grew 20.4% yearly between 2007 and 2013
Peru's National Institute of Statistics reported that the country's avocado exports between 2007 and 2013 had an average annual growth of 20.4%, and thus a cumulative increase of 205.2%.In the past seven years, more than 476,000 metric tonnes of avocados have been exported; 2013 has been the year with the.....
Convenient, economical method testing for avocado sunblotch viroid
Nucleic acid hybridization assay (ASBVd) is found in avocado growing regions worldwide. Trees infected with ASBVd can result in a loss of yield and / or production of unmarketable fruit. However, symptoms are not always present making pro-active testing a critical disease control measure.Agdia’s ASBVd.....
Ghana: Pineapple exports on the low
Export of pineapples to the European market has seen a steep decline from 71,000 metric tonnes in 2004 to 40,000 metric tonnes in 2013.The worrisome trend has reduced Ghana’s 10 percent share of the EU export market to only 3 percent, and also cut earnings from US$24 million to US$19.2 million within the.....
Celebrate the new avocado season with a Mexican moustache!
Mexican avocado grower José Luis is not just proud of his delicious organic avocado's but also of his magic moustache. Nature & More will therefore conclude the successful Organic Summer Campaign with a moustache fiesta. In order to celebrate the arrival of the new crop avocado’s from Mexico, Nature.....
Avocado distributor teams up with brewery
The 2nd annual Avocado Festival was a celebration of all things Avocados. The highlight was of course the now famous Avocado Ale, brewed with Fresh locally–sourced Avocados. Green Earth Produce donated Fresh Avocados along with other consumer-targeted promotional materials. In addition, there was food trucks.....
Weather makes for a challenging year supplying tropical fruit
Adverse weather in Mexico made for a challenging year for tropical fruit providers who deal in tropical fruit. Limes and mango supplies were hit especially hard, but for large suppliers, who have a large logistics network, the problems with sourcing tropical fruit from Mexico were handled sufficiently.“Weather.....