Job offersmore »
- Freelance Sales Executive / Manager Greenhouse Air Cooling
- Crop Manager Softfruit Australia
- Regional Breeding Director - California USA
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
- Produce brings Tesco back to growth | Target tests vertical farms
- Cherry packer has record harvest and packout with help from new precoolers
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Special — Middle East
Medjool dates from Israel proving to be 'foodie' favourite
The recycling of waste water has been instrumental to the flourishing of Israeli date crops, allowing Israel to claim 60 percent of the global Medjool market today from just a toehold in the 1980s.That formula may be hitting its limits. This precious source of water is now just enough to water the current.....
Israel turns to easy-peelers for citrus advantage
While the market for mandarins is growing in Europe, there's another reason Israeli growers are increasingly focusing on easy peeling citrus varieties: they find they can grow them very well. Especially in the face of increasing competition from Spanish and Moroccan growers on oranges, which give an.....
Volcani Institute post-harvest innovations help Israeli growers
Dr. Ron PoratWhile Israeli growers certainly have their share of challenges, including high labor costs and water scarcity, they also have several things in their favor. One of those advantages is the Volcani Institute, the research arm of the Ministry of Agriculture, where researchers work on practical.....
Dubai vegetable and fruit trade sees 19% growth in first half of 2013
The growth of the fruit and vegetable trade due to population growth in Dubai has bolstered its good standing in the fruit and vegetable trade by fostering growth in the international trade of these items. According to statistics issued by Dubai Customs, the Emirate’s trade in these foodstuffs amounted to.....
Israeli exporters must find niche
Oron Ziv (Managing Director of Befresh Europe)A late citrus season from the southern hemisphere and the abundance of red grapefruit on the European market resulted in low prices. For Israeli citrus exporters, who typically make a significant portion of their money in the few weeks between the end of the.....
Ben Dor develops varieties with which to compete
With 400 hectares of stonefruit production and exports that comprise 60 percent of that production, Ben Dor Fruits and Nurseries is firmly entrenched in the global fruit market. But with stiff competition from growers in countries with lower input costs, Ben Dor leans on their breeding program to develop new.....
Galilee Export leverages power of growers to benefit growers
Tamir Porat (CEO MiloPRI) and Oded Jacobson (CEO Galilee Export)As the export marketing company of Milouot (25 kibutzes cooperative in the Western Galilee), Galilee Export, since its inception two years ago, has worked for the betterment of its growers. Formed in the wake of Agrexco's dissolution, it is now.....