Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
- Account Manager Australia & New Zealand
- General Manager – Vegetables and Herbs production
- Managing Director Vietnam
- Quality Control Manager - Australia
- Managing Director - Kent Based
Top 5 - yesterday
- Strengthening consumer focus through technical expertise and strong grower base
- Australian apple exports to SE Asia and UK to increase
- Ruby Fresh expands Peruvian pomegranate production to extend availability
- Plenty of opportunities in UK market for food and horticultural sector
- AU:One of Northern Territory's biggest mango farms up for sale
Top 5 - last week
- Spain: Scientific discovery that could prevent the spread of plant viruses
- Spain: Citrus sector pressuring European Commission about Black Spot threat
- Total Produce invests to create more added value
- British banana price war has repercussions in Latin America
- "Trend is definitely towards glasshouse tomato growing in Australia"
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Organic farming 'boosts biodiversity and bees'
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
- Driscoll’s takes berry experience to the next level
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Citrus
Better year for Turkish lemon exporters
Lemon production in Turkey was hampered by unfavorable weather and orchards bearing low volume, and that affected the ability of Turkey's exporters to sell much abroad. But a 25 percent increase in supply this season has Turkish lemon exporters enjoying a better season this year, and an early finish to the.....
Acceptable prices for clementines but low for oranges
Spain: Arrival of cold temperatures improves citrus quality and demand
After a period of slight stagnation with plenty of fruit not meeting the colouring or calibre standards, as well as demand not being as high as it usually is at this time of the year, the citrus sector has welcomed the cold winter temperatures with enthusiasm."The arrival of cold temperature has improved.....
Mexico: SAGARPA will boost production of Papaloapan's Persian lime
The delegation of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food (SAGARPA) in Oaxaca will boost production of Persian lime and of the infrastructure necessary to process and package it in the Papaloapan River region.On a tour of the packaging facilities of Persian lime of.....
Paraguay: 15,000 hectares threatened by HLB
About 15,000 hectares of orange plantations are in danger because of the advance of the HLB (Huanglongbing) disease in the country, according to a statement by Nelson Farińa, technician at the National Quality and Plant and Seed Health (Senave), at a field visit in Buena Vista (Caazapá).Meanwhile, Tania.....
Spanish citrus crop approx 6.5 million tonnes
Unlike the previous citrus season, expectations are that the 2013/2014 season's citrus harvest will increase. According to data published on October 14 by the European Association of Producers, FRESHFEL, the harvest will amount to nearly 6.5 million tonnes, about 3% more than in the last season. A forecast.....
Argentina: Severe controls in Misiones due to the HLB
As part of the preventive measures developed to prevent the entry of the Huanglongbing (HLB), a disease that affects citrus, into Argentina, the Senasa constantly runs border control in the province of Misiones.As a result of these activities, from 2012 until September 2013, and upon the detection of a.....
Argentina: Producers claim that prices don't go hand in hand with the production
Norberto Mórtola, president of the Citrus Producer's Association of Bella Vista spoke with Aires de Campo last Saturday and referred to the producers' situation in face of the XI National Orange Festival that was held in the town of Bella Vista on November 15, 16 and 17."Compared to last year's disaster,.....
"It is advised not to overstock to prevent price drops"
Spain: Decelerated clementine market
The current levels of demand reflect a notorious drop in citrus consumption compared to previous seasons; a trend most likely explained by the unusually high temperatures still being registered during the second week of November. Prices are consequently still relatively low."We are facing a truly complicated.....
The Chilean Citrus Committee and Tajin come together to promote sales in the U.S.
Thanks to this partnership, Chilean citrus sales have more than doubled in supermarket chains where there were joint promotions, especially among the Hispanic population.According to information provided by the Chilean Fresh Fruit Association of the United States, CFFA-USA, sales of citrus from Chile.....
Egyptian exporter expects slight increase in orange production
With the export season for Egyptian citrus less than a month away, one of Egypt's exporters is expecting a larger orange harvest this season in comparison to the previous season.“No one knows for sure how the season will end up, but the percentage increase from last year for oranges will be approximately.....
Turkey: International citrus producer with three generations of experience
The Özler Family has been practising agriculture since early 1900’s in Adana, which is located in the heart of one of the major agricultural regions in Turkey. The activity that started with growing simple field crops, evolved into a multinational agricultural company. Today our company Özler Ziraat produces.....
Spanish company develops formula to battle citrus HLB
The Spanish company Cintrave, worldwide pioneer in the use of antimicrobial peptides (PAMS) to tackle pathogens in agriculture, has managed to find a solution against the disease known asHunaglongbing (HLB) or citrus Yellow Dragon."Our goal has always been to provide solutions against all those diseases for.....
The testimony of Francesco Perri
Italy: The evolution of citrus growing in the Sibari Plain
Italy produces, on average, 400,000 tonnes of clementines. Around 20,000 hectares are dedicated to citrus growing in the Sibari Plain in Calabria, which constitutes 50% (200,000 tonnes) of production.Up until 15 years ago, they only cultivated common clementines, which are very tasty, high quality seedless.....
Toine van Hoof (FRS Holland): "slow sales"
Colour and size of Spanish citrus lacking
The sales of citrus are slow overall, says Toine van Hoof of FRS Holland from Venlo, the sales office of the Spanish citrus exporter Frutas Romu. "There's not one concrete reason for this. Whether it's due to the good weather or because the Spanish supply hasn't really got going yet. The volumes are behind.....