Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Hundreds of thousands of kilograms of top fruit ready for destruction
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- “It is almost impossible to market a new apple variety”
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Onions
US (OR): Researcher lands high-stakes food safety grant on onions
An Oregon State University professor just landed a high-stakes grant to study a food safety issue pitting the feds against onion farmers.Farmers fear their future could be threatened by a Food and Drug Administration proposal clamping down on microbes in irrigation water. Oregon onion growers rely on surface.....
Acitec develops pallet labeler for onion industry
Actitec has been long active in the packing market. The company provides awide range of services frompacking weighing and countingmachinesto packing stickers, andarranging pallets. Actitecsells second hand packing machines, offers service on location, helps with breakdowns, and thinks of creative solutions.....
India: Onion prices expected to decrease within a fortnight
Having given price shock to thousands of households in the city, the onion price has started to come down slowly, as the fresh harvest has started hitting the local districts.The traders claim that prices are expected to come down within a fortnight. The retail price which till recently was hovering around.....
Manufacturers, growers & retailers join to develop hygienic onion peeler
Very aware of their role and responsibility with regards to food safety, a number of leading companies active in fresh vegetable processing sat down together and reviewed how they could improve food safety for fresh processed vegetables. From farmer to processor to wholesale and retail together with a.....
Jaap D'Hont: "Prices of field plants may even decrease to below 15 cents"
Difficult onion sales despite small stock
Sorting company D'Hont in Groede has specialized in the cultivation, trading and sorting of onions. D'Hont supplies exporters abroad occasionally, but the most important clients are the supermarkets in the Netherlands and Belgium. "We may not be very active in the export market, but I have the view that.....
Germany: Onion causes evacuation and arrival of fire services
Last Saturday in a town insouthern Germany, theFire and Rescue Services were called to an apartment complex where the occupants were evacuated after an alleged explosion. After an acrid stenchwas smelled, the safe signal was given. It may be hard to believe but the cause of all this was an.....
Anti-dumping measures on Chinese garlic generates unease in Brazil
Brazil's Ministry of Development, Industry and Foreign Trade (MDIC) has until September 20 to define the new anti-dumping duty for garlic imported from China. Applied by the Brazilian government in 1996 and renovated in 2001 and 2007, the duty is a measure that the government uses to protect domestic.....