Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Hundreds of thousands of kilograms of top fruit ready for destruction
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- “It is almost impossible to market a new apple variety”
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Stone Fruit
Jon Clark, Total Cherry
2 out of 3 for UK stonefruit season
As the English stone fruit season begins its campaign with a healthy volume of cherries, FreshPlaza caught up with Jon Clark of Total Cherry, (part of Total Produce) to see what lies ahead for the British stone fruit growers."The English cherry crop is looking great this year, with a good amount of fruit on.....
First British plums at Waitrose
Waitrose have received their first delivery of English plums for 2013 season, supporting the Waitrose Way of Championing British. The first to market delivery of Herman plums were grown on Castle Fruit Farms in Newent, Gloucestershire, where they have been nurtured, hand-picked, and then hand-delivered to.....
A Winter taste of Summer
Imported USA Stone fruit available for the first time in Australia
Following approval of a protocol in Australia, Fresh Produce Group have secured the rights to import stone fruit from California for the first time ever.This will be the first time shoppers in Australia will be able to buy peaches and nectarines in the winter period when they are out of season locally and.....
Kent fruit growers dominate National Show
Kent fruit growers dominated this year's National Cherry & Soft Fruit Show with 37 awards being shared by six Berry Gardens' growers, including B R Brooks & Son, Hugh Lowe Farms, Kelsey Farms, Clock House Farm, Sunrise Fruits and Robert Boucher.The event, which took place at the Kent County Show,.....
Italy: Crizia- white peaches with a Percoca peach red flesh
Varietal innovation in the peach sector is in turmoil and, sometimes, it can happen that some varieties do not have the success they deserve."It is precisely what happened to Crizia. Created by Alessandro Liverani and introduced on the market in 2000, it never gained momentum among the Italian varietal.....
Difficult summer fruit campaign for Spanish exporters
This summer fruit campaign has been complicated so far this year due to the delays in the harvest, as well as low consumption. According to Óscar Serra, manager of Best Fruit S.L.U., the problem at the moment lies in the lack of volumes of stone fruit in a still very quiet market."The weather has played a.....
Kastriot Cena, Van Dijk Foods Belgium:
"Apricots from Malatya always have a brix in excess of 20"
At Van Dijk Foods there are at the moment, plenty of Turkish apricots and cherries in the assortment. The cherries will be available until the end of July and the apricotsuntil the second week of August. According to Kastriot Cena these are the nicest apricots from the Malatya region. "They are also called.....