Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Hundreds of thousands of kilograms of top fruit ready for destruction
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- “It is almost impossible to market a new apple variety”
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Soft Fruit
Norway: Raspberry production moves to old greenhouses
Bioforsk has extended the Norwegian raspberry season by two months, and Norwegian raspberries are already in stores. Aage Jørgensen Bioforsk and Jone Wiig have worked closely together to achieve the growing of raspberries in old greenhouses. The project was launched in 2009. By moving raspberry cultivation.....
Adriano Marcuzzo, General Manager of Best Berries Peru.
"Peru would need about 25 million blueberry plants in five years "
In the next five years there will be a demand of approximately 15 to 25 million blueberry plants per year, because they are planning on planting between 300 and 500 hectares annually, said Adriano Marcuzzo, general manager of the Best Berries Peru Company.This explains the increase in companies that provide.....
Ton de Jong, Fruitmasters:
Demand for strawberries a bit flat
The greenhouse strawberry season is as good as done and the Dutch supply is now coming from the open ground and protected cultivation. "There is good demand at the moment, but with with warm weather you would expect it to shoot up, and this isn't the case," says Ton de Jong of Fruitmasters. "A number of.....
Uruguay: Lack of profitability drives blueberry acreage down
Azul Sereno S.A. is an Uruguayan firm devoted to the production and packing of blueberries; it is the country's fourth largest exporter, heading a group of producers with a total of 45 hectares. Its fruit is normally exported fresh and last year 98% of it was shipped loose in 3.5 and 4 kilo boxes.The firm's.....
Spain: Freshuelva ends strawberry season 10% down
The Association of Producers and Exporters of Strawberry from Huelva, Freshuelva, indicated that the 2012-2013 season has come to an end with a total production of 274,800 tons of strawberry, 10 percent less than in the previous season. This decline in production has also led to a 20 percent drop in the.....
From CIV research
Organic Joly, Dely and Laetitia strawberries a hit with the Brits
New international recognition for strawberries from Ferrara developed by theCIV - Consorzio Italiano Vivaisti.The organic strawberry season in Great Britain started with the Joly (in the photo) variety, a rustic plant, tolerant to root and leaf diseases.The colour is bright red, very appealing, the.....
Chilean Kiwi behavior in the US and Europe
At a time in which 45,000 tons of New Zealand kiwi have been exported, a volume that is 22% smaller than in the same period of the 2012-2013 season, Decofrut and the Chilean Kiwifruit Committee delivered a report on how well the Chilean kiwi is selling in the markets.Chile has exported a total of 111,184.....