Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
- Produce brings Tesco back to growth | Target tests vertical farms
- Cherry packer has record harvest and packout with help from new precoolers
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Melons
Environment effect on L-citrulline levels in watermelon cultigens
Watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) is the second vegetable, after tomato, in the world for cultivated surface and total production. In the last years, watermelon has been identified as a healthy food for its high content in lycopene and other antioxidant compounds.The amino acid L-citrulline helps to regulate.....
With a photo report!
Italy: Melon Roadshow 2013 to promote new Seminis melon
Monsanto promoted the whole range of melons sold under the Seminis brand and, in particular, the SV5448ML variety at the Melon Roadshow 2013, which took place from 24th June to 7th July 2013 at the Verona, Bologna and Fondi markets as well as in various companies producing and selling melons all over.....
Spain: AGF Group launches 'Fashion Go!' watermelon
The Spanish AGF collective ‘Grupo Fashion’ announced the launch of the Fashion Go!, an easy to carry black seedless watermelon. The product, released under the Fashion brand, will be for sale in convenience stores or supermarkets.The Fashion Go! is very sweet in taste, has crisp flesh with a high.....
Awaiting good weather
European melon market at a standstill
Last week, Almeria made its first shipments of Piel de Sapo and yellow melons to the European markets. Although the campaign started with good prices, these are now on a falling trend."We started with delays last week as a result of the rains in April and early March. Prices were high due to the low volumes.....
One year after the earthquake
Italy: ITAL-FRUTTA melons are back
One year after the earthquakes on 20th and 29th May 2012, the ITAL-FRUTTA sac cooperative of San Felice sul Panaro (Emilia-Romagna) is back on the melon market with a plant built in record time despite bureaucracy and financial obstacles.A huge team of employees, the board of the cooperative, partners,.....
Soldive commences Spanish melon production
Soldive has begun harvesting yellow charentais melons in their Spanish growing region near Alicante. Harvesting in Spain will run through this month and last through June.“The yellow charentais melons we grow in Spain are very tasty, and they have a good shelf life,” said Soldive's Audrey Brizard. Brix.....
Harris Moran unfolds Origami cantaloupe
Harris Moran, a worldwide leader in vegetable seeds, and a member of the HM.Clause Business Unit inside the Limagrain vegetable seed division, today announced the increased availability of Origami – the latest cantaloupe in a long line of varietal successes from a company known for its quality, reliability,.....