Greek kiwi exports increase significantly
Table grapes have continued to be exported mainly from the region of Kavala. Prices have stood at satisfactory levels. The exports of summer fruits (nectarines, plums, etc.) continue at a very low rate and from stocks. Meanwhile, kiwi exports are also still underway, although unfortunately, with cases of fruit failing to meet the necessary quality standards and the consequent risk of the reputation of Greek products being damaged. Exports of oranges, mandarins and lemons have kicked off recently.
The Exporters' Association is calling on the competent inspection services to intensify and tighten controls on the export of fresh fruit and vegetables to prevent the shipment of fruit without the necessary organoleptic characteristics.
According to data from the Directorate of Documentation and Statistics of the Ministry of Rural Development and Food, fresh fruit and vegetable exports for the week between 28 October and 3 November 2017 are as follows:
- Oranges: 5,474 tonnes, compared to 6,787 tonnes last year.
- Mandarins: 754 tonnes, compared to 1,688 tonnes last year.
- Lemons: 649 tonnes, compared to 493 tonnes last year.
- Kiwis: 37,598 tonnes, compared to 22,778 tonnes last year.
- Table grapes: 90,368 tonnes, compared to 70,980 tonnes last year.
Publication date: 11/8/2017
© 2017 FreshPlaza. All rights reserved.