Eco Pack unveils new produce containers for the US market
Eco Pack Systems, a maker of transport packaging is rolling out its new low-weight container solution to the US market. The new container enables fully customizable point of purchase branding, reduces transportation costs and is made from food grade material.
The company claims that it improves food safety, reduces product spoilage and damage with better airflow control and sustainability.
The patented Eco Pack system consists of a plastic frame and two lightweight plastic sleeves that together create an economical, multipurpose, recyclable box. The frame has the same dimensions as standard paperboard cartons and plastic crates, and is suitable for palletizing.
The bags are customized for specific commodity and product application, and designed for optimal ventilation, hygiene, food safety and waste reduction. There are currently multiple sizes with three base dimensions at several heights, plus a unique tray for bananas. Additional sizes can be produced upon request.
“The Eco Pack box is efficient, clean, has multiple uses and is recyclable. It’s perfect for fresh produce retailers, grower/shippers, exporters and other distributors and suppliers. We believe it provides a financially preferable alternative to the paperboard boxes and plastic crates now prevalent in the industry,” said Danny Bartal, CEO of Eco Pack Systems.
Benefits of the Eco Pack solution include:
- Recyclable - 100% reusable packaging that can be recycled indefinitely
- Weight - 50% less than similar cardboard or plastic packaging
- Economical - 30%-70% lower cost than competing packaging systems, as the frame is reusable and only the recyclable sleeves need to be replaced
- Hygienic - New, clean box every time, with an optional fully organic biodegradable sleeve
- Green - Lower energy requirements for production and in transportation than any other solution
- Versatile - Suitable for a wide variety of products, including fruit, vegetables, seafood, baked goods, dairy and fresh meat and poultry.
- Customizable - Fully adaptable sleeves for a wide variety of merchandising applications.
Publication date: 10/23/2017
© 2017 FreshPlaza. All rights reserved.