Job offersmore »
- Australia: Account Manager, Third Party Services
- Export Produce Trader - Spain
- Dutch/German Speaking Sales Executive - United Kingdom
- Sales/Project Manager - New Zealand
- Category Manager (fruit), Australia
- International Produce Trader - Spain
- Account manager Climate & Energy - Netherlands
- Account Manager, Salads/ Fruits - W. Europe
- Transport Planner - W. Europe
- Chief Executive - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The species Cocos nucifera L. commonly known as "coconut" is a tropical palm tree that probably comes from the Southeast of Asia and is widely distributed worldwide in over 90 countries in the intertropical belt.
The coconut is considered one of the most useful plants to humans, since it is able to generate a self-sufficient exploration system, providing employment and income. It is also an important source of food in several Asian countries.
In Brazillian the crop is intended primarily as raw material for agro-industries for the production of milk and shredded coconut or for the consumption of "fresh" or processed coconut water.
Currently, the global demand for healthier and functional foods, has lead to the substitution of industrialized beverages for natural fruit juices and coconut water, which is an isotonic low calorie soft drink, containing mineral salts, sugars and vitamins, considered an excellent hydration beverage.
Although consumption has grown considerably in recent years there is great potential for expansion.
Publication date: 5/25/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: