Job offersmore »
- Trainee Grower - Warragul, Australia
- Experienced tomato grower for lighting greenhouse, Poland
- Maintenance Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Product Specialist - The Netherlands
- Assistant Grower– Ontario, Canada
- Commercial Director - UK (South East)
- Managing Director - Vietnam
- Production Manager - SE Asia
- Senior verkoper met passie voor rozen en marketing - Aalsmeer/Naaldwijk
- Productmanager Boomkwekerij - Venlo
Top 5 - yesterday
- Fresh Solutions Network named as a finalist for PMA Impact Award in packaging
- First South Africa coldstore with phytosantitary treatments
- PIQA® BOO® brand wows attendees at Asia Fruit Logistica in Hong Kong
- UK wholesalers visit South West of France
- Tesco to launch Surprize, yellow with pink flesh apple
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Deputy Chief of Party, East Timor/Timor Leste:
Land O'Lakes is seeking a qualified Deputy Chief of Party to manage an anticipated horticultural value chain development activity in Timor Leste. AVANSA is aimed at addressing the key challenges of rural poverty, natural resource degradation, food insecurity, and under-nutrition. The value chain approach will be applied in achieving increased productivity along key horticulture value chains that include vegetables, fruits and legumes. The DCOP will work in close close coordination with the Chief of Party (COP) on developing, implementing, and refining operational support systems, tools and strategies to ensure timely implementation of program activities and compliance with Land O’Lakes and donor policies and best practices.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will be responsible for managerial and technical support for AVANSA activities. The DCOP will be the technical lead on horticulture and farmer training and should be capable of standing in for the COP or Agribusiness Specialist as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 12 years of work experience in agriculture, agribusiness, or value chain development projects OR a Masters with 10 years of work experience in agriculture, agribusiness, or value-chain development projects OR a PhD degree with 7 years of work experience in agriculture, agribusiness, or value-chain development projects.
- Experience managing (as COP, DCOP or similar position) 20 or more staff in a complex, multi-disciplinary activity.
- 10 years or more of progressively responsible work experience in operational support, management, and finance/budget oversight of US or other donor funded development programs;
- Substantial management experience and knowledge of project management work experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff; and working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Fluent English, Tetun/Portuguese language a plus
Note this position is dependent on USAID award and approval. Applicants are invited to apply through https://lol.avature.net/Careers/JobDetail/Dili-Timor-Leste-Deputy-Chief-of-Party-AVANSA-East-Timor-Timor-Leste/588 before the 10th of September. Applicants are reviewed daily.