Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Our clients are an international organization, producing and trading in seed potatoes world wide. For their subsidiary in Turkey they are looking for a director to concentrate initially on the development of sales of seed potatoes, both imported as well as locally produced.
(Sales Orientated): Seed potatoes Turkey
The goal of the position is to guide the development of the strategic and tactical policy within the organization and to contribute to an improvement in the import, production, sales and marketing of seed potatoes.
In close contact with the share holders, the Director will guide the development of the company by tracking the latest issues affecting operations both inside and outside the organisation, and discussing such within a Management Team (MT) and in Board meetings. This will include recommendations about action that should be taken by the company, including practical agricultural implications, in relation to these issues.
The Director will make proposals and provide input concerning any necessary policy and organizational changes, and play an active role in making sure these changes are implemented as efficiently and effectively as possible within the company.
He/she will be responsible for making sure the daily operations are aimed at achieving the long-term objectives of the organisation.
- tracking the latest developments in the field of operations;
- guiding the development of the strategy and the realization of the vision of the company;
- setting realistic long-term goals for the company based on an analysis of internal and external factors;
- working out a plan of action for the realization of the long-term goals;
- making optimal use of employees, structures, work processes, and consultation forums to achieve the intended result;
- implementing/realizing the set policy within the company.
- budgeting, monitoring, and reporting of the financial position of the company;
- monitoring the position of the accounts payable/accounts receivable balance;
- achievement of the targets for profit/margin/turnover.
- presenting management information about the operations and results of the company;
- solidifying support for decision-making;
- gaining and keeping the commitment of all interested parties to the vision and the policy of the company;
- representing the company in various national associations.
- motivating, instructing, supervising, and supporting the employees in line with the set policy;
- responsibility for team-building the organization;
- responsibility for creating and maintaining a good working atmosphere within the organisation.
- A Bachelorís degree or equivalent vocational experience
- Excellent command of Turkish, both verbal and written
- Good command of English, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of German or Dutch would be useful
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- Sound practical knowledge of the potato supply chain
- Business administration acumen.
Desired skills/ Competencies:
- Commercially aware
- Relationship builder
- Team spirit
- Organizational awareness
- Take responsibility
- Broad thinker
For more information regarding this vacancy or to apply, please contact Jan Meijer, mentioning code O140169
Attn. Jan Meijer
1431 GD Aalsmeer
Tel. 0297-255570 of +31 (0)6 22458832