Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Horticulture Sales Scientist Horticulture Lighting - ILLUMITEX
Illumitex is seeking a highly motivated team player to join our sales team to help us grow our distribution sales channel for our rapidly expanding horticulture lighting business.
The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to plant growth experiments, supporting sales growth and assisting in training and education at select distribution and retail outlets throughout the US with movement into select markets in Canada and beyond. This position will also work with our sales team to assist them in effective marketing strategies to promote our products through print, web, trade shows and social media outlets. This position will report to the VP of Horticulture Lighting Solutions.
• Manage internal plant growth and R&D activities in the Illumitex Plant Laboratory including conducting research experiments, logging data, summarizing findings and writing/producing white papers about findings for publication.
• Research available literature on the effects of light radiation on plant growth
• Recommend spectra for new plant lights and plan DOE’s towards evaluating them in plant studies
• Assist in developing training programs and education for both Distribution Sales and Retail outlets
• Assist sales team in monitoring competitive landscape to update our target position in the market based on new scientific data/research
• Set up and monitor plant trials at potential customers interested in LED lighting systems
• BS in Biology, Microbiology, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Plant Sciences or 3+ years of product management or sales experience with horticulture lighting
• Prior customer service/sales experience, minimum 2 years
• Experience with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
• Experience with growing multiple plant species with different nutrients, watering and temperature requirements with the ability to take rapid corrective actions for nutrients, watering, humidity and temperature levels as needed.
• Ability to perform standard laboratory techniques (media and solution preparation, seed planting, biometric measurements and electronic data log maintenance).
• Recognize pathological development and choose correct treatment for plant diseases
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Domestic and international travel will be required @ 50% or more
• Experience within the lighting industry, particularly LED lighting.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND RESUME AND SALARY REQUIRMENTS TO: email@example.com