Job offersmore »
- Production Manager Pepper - Nunhem, the Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower - Chicago, IL
- Product Specialist Zaailingen - Hendrik Ido Ambacht, the Netherlands
- Sales-Manager Scherming - the Netherlands
- Senior Grower - Australia
- Australia: Supply Chain Co-ordinator/QC Officer
- Marketing and Sales Manager - U.S.A. and Canada
- Sales Representative, Horticulture - Delta, BC - Canada
- CommerciŽle verkoopcoŲrdinator bloemenkwekers - Aalsmeer/Naaldwijk
- Account Manager Propagation - Roermond, The Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- U.S. Apple Association will support customersí right to choose or not choose GMO
- Safeway and Albertsons announce definitive merger agreement
- Scientists of EU Project QUAFETY return to tacler in November
- "Russian importers are currently under great pressure"
- "European retailers want programs with Israeli growers"
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greenhouse Controls Technician
Powerplants Australia is a privately owned family company based in Hallam, just outside the centre of Melbourne, Victoria. Established in 1994, the company has grown from strength to strength over the last 19 years to become Australiaís premier Greenhouse Technology provider.
Due to expansion, we are looking to employ a suitably qualified Greenhouse Controls Technician to join our team as soon as possible. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be required to maintain, repair and improve advanced environmental control systems. You will also be responsible for technical fault finding and ensuring the safe operation of equipment and systems. You should be able to install and maintain Powerplantsí products with the highest level of quality, efficiency, courtesy and professionalism.
By being our new Greenhouse Controls Technician our will have the opportunity to work with the latest and most advanced horticultural equipment in the industry. You will also be able to gain invaluable international experience by working in the unique and vastly developing Australian Horticultural sector.
Applications are invited from experienced Greenhouse Controls Technicians for this challenging role. Additionally, extensive experience with Priva environmental control and process management systems is a big plus.
∑ Designing, building, installing and servicing integrated environmental control systems
∑ Maintaining, servicing and upgrading Priva products
∑ Commission, maintain and service electrical and control systems
∑ Become familiar with company stock holding of parts and accessories
∑ Support production team
∑ Provide adequate customer training
∑ Provide maintenance and servicing
The ideal candidate will have:
∑ Qualifications in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and/or Horticulture
∑ Minimum two years' experience designing, building, installing and servicing integrated environmental control systems
∑ Extensive experience with Priva environmental control and process management systems
∑ Commercial greenhouse experience in automation and advanced environmental controls
∑ In depth knowledge of advanced environmental control systems and products
∑ Excellent track record in customer service and professionalism
∑ Eligibility for a full Australian driver's license
You will be a team player with a flexible attitude, willing to up skill yourself if necessary and have the ability to work autonomously. You will possess highly advanced communication skills (both oral and written) and be computer literate.
Further details regarding this position and application procedures can be obtained by emailing email@example.com