Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
- Account Manager Australia & New Zealand
- General Manager – Vegetables and Herbs production
- Managing Director Vietnam
- Quality Control Manager - Australia
- Managing Director - Kent Based
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Gap between kiwi seasons bodes well for European suppliers
- Organic farming 'boosts biodiversity and bees'
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
Exchange ratesmore »
Ref. no. O130204
Company: Large scale banana production company
Function: CEO / General Project Manager, Mozambique
Our client is part of a multi-facet, agriculturally oriented holding organization in East-Africa. In 2007 the company started the development of a 3000 Ha. banana production operation in northern Mozambique at Monapo, 100km west of Nacala in the Nampula province.
Since then approx. half of the available area has been brought into production with support of the mother company and a Norwegian development company. The first stage of the development project is planned to be completed by mid 2015 with a total of 2300 hectares. At this moment an approx. 1250 hectares have been planted and are fruiting. At present all production is marketed in the Middle East. The current operation has around 25 senior staff, mostly ex-pats from various parts of the world. Additionally there is the field staff of approx. 2500 at this time, which will grow per new hectare planted.
As the new CEO / General Project Manager you are responsible for the further development and overall management of the plantation. You will report to the Chairman of the plantations’ Operating Committee.
Besides your involvement with the realization of the further development stages, you will cover a wide scope of managerial areas like the daily production and operation, HRM, finance, installations, equipment and supporting infrastructure, managing the commercial, financial and regulatory relationships etc. You will be supported by a strong management team as direct report, responsible for the delegated execution of the companies’ key targets. These are set against KPI's & production targets, both in volume and cost.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, internationally oriented and experienced “green field” candidate who currently manages a large scale banana project as General Manager/CEO, or another large scale agricultural project. The ideal candidate has an optimistic, clear and charismatic style of leadership and personality, who inspires confidence based on relevant executive management and leadership experience in a multi-cultural setting.
- A relevant educational background at Bachelor/Master level
- Qualified to at least first degree level, with at least 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience with a large scale agricultural and “green field” project
- Experience with managing a large, complex, people intensive, high specification production process
- A high level of energy, motivation and enthusiasm for development objectives
- Proven, outstanding leadership and management skills with an ability to manage a strong team of motivated professionals
- Min. 4 years actual experience in leading a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural management team
- Outstanding communication skills, also in a multi-cultural setting
- A high level of initiative
- Financial “literacy”
- Fluency in English
- Respect for the local people and their country
- Fluency in Portuguese
- Experience with working in Southern Africa
- Experience with intensive European / western market oriented horticultural operations and quality objectives, ideally with bananas
- Deliver on planned and contracted KPI’s and production targets, both in volume and cost. (incl. project KPI’s)
- Realization of objectives on KRA’s like productivity and profitability etc. (incl. project KRA’s)
Key areas of responsibility
- Provide leadership and guidance to the support team and project team, establishing targets and goals and monitoring performance
- Project management processes and the management of delivery against plan with emphasis on critical paths
- Secure focus on the continuity and durability of the business
- Develop and manage appropriate performance measurement and management development systems
- Establish and maintain a robust and effective logistical support function
- Manage relationships with the key partners, government, financial institutions and other stakeholders
- Lead key, high level negotiations relating to e.g. port-, marketing- and banana agreement etc.
- Maintaining high standards of governance and compliance procedures and arrangements
- Relevant reporting to the directors, investors and other partners
- Maintain up to date and appropriate succession plans
- Crystallize opportunities arising from affiliated and supply related business
- An excellent internationally competitive expat salary package
- Living at the plantation is required (home schooling the only feasible option for expatriate children)
Lutgo Global in The Netherlands is acting on behalf of its client for the recruitment, assessment and selection of candidates for this position.
Please send your letter of motivation + CV/Resume and/or requests for information, to Jan Meijer at email@example.com, indicating vacancy reference. INT O130204.