Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
- Account Manager Australia & New Zealand
- General Manager – Vegetables and Herbs production
- Managing Director Vietnam
- Quality Control Manager - Australia
- Managing Director - Kent Based
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Organic farming 'boosts biodiversity and bees'
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
- Driscoll’s takes berry experience to the next level
Exchange ratesmore »
Herb Manager–based Abu Dhabi
The Herb Production Manager will be based in the Al Shwaib area near Al Ain in the Abu Dhabi Emirate. They will manage and oversee the operations of a consolidated group of farms that will be contracted/leased for the production of various varieties of leafy herbs for fresh supply to Supermarkets throughout the UAE. This is a full time role up to September 2014 with a possible extension.
Your Key responsibilities:
- a field position that will involve considerable on-farm work involving farm business management principles
- development of farming practices for herb production and the practical introduction and application thereof
- will require raising levels of skills and knowledge among farm workers in an on-farm context in order to efficiently produce the required crop volumes with a high quality
- liaising with the packhouse supervisor to coordinate the daily harvest in-line with the retail sales demand.
- Bsc in Agric OR similar horticultural qualification (e.g. 3 year diploma)
- At least 3 years of experience in herb production – in a commercial setting. Or alternatively 5 years in leafy vegetable production.
- Sound operational experience
The Farmers’ Service Centre (FSC) is an Abu Dhabi government initiative implemented to facilitate a change in the manner in which agriculture and agribusiness are conducted in the Western Region of the Abu Dhabi Emirate. This encompasses the entire spectrum from on-farm production to retail sales.
The broader objective encompasses a progression from a government supported agriculture sector to a more market based sector. To this end, the Abu Dhabi Government has contracted GRM International Pty Ltd to facilitate the formation of the Abu Dhabi Farmers’ Service Centre to a fully functioning, locally managed organisation.
To apply please email your resume to Kristine: email@example.com with the subject: Herbs Production Senior Officer – UAE before the 5th January 2013.