Job offersmore »
- Fruit Buyer - UK (London)
- Ripening Supervisor - UK
- Technical Manager – UK
- Field Sales Executive - London, UK
- City Farms Business Development Manager North America
- Procurement Manager Vegetables - The Netherlands
- Sales Consultant - US Territory
- Plant Pathology Project Leader - Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Country sales manager and agents
- Planning technician water / electricity - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- Oded Jacobson, CEO of Galilee Export, passes away
- Organic industry achieved 25 years of fast growth through fear, deception
- Minnesota company taps Chile to feed year-round hunger for Honeycrisp apples
- Poland concerned about Russian fruit and vegetable import ban
- US: Strong demand for imported organic apples
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Agricultural Fund Project Manager (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
About the role
The Agricultural Fund Project Manager will be based in Abu Dhabi with the responsibility of managing projects which currently focus on the promotion of hydroponics production through the Abu Dhabi Farmers’ Services Centre (FSC).
Key responsibilities include
- Planning, oversight and general support for implementation of existing hydroponics projects and possibly other agricultural projects in the future
- Provide recommendations and guidance for practical installation and management within the scope of predetermined project specifications
- Provide support to farmers in the management of the projects
- University degree in Agriculture (or related science), preferably with post graduate skills or qualifications in an appropriate area
- Previous experience in development and management of intensive vegetable production with knowledge of hydroponic systems
- Experience managing budgets, schedules and staff
- The candidate will possess over 7 years of experience in similar climatic zones
- Work in rurally-based commercially operated agri-business
- Ability to work within a multi-layered organizational structure with an international staffing profile and operating out of several dispersed offices;
- Experience in coaching and motivating staff in a previous leadership position necessary;
- Ability to work in Arabic (preferred) and English language (mandatory).
The Farmers’ Service Centre (FSC) is an Abu Dhabi government initiative implemented to facilitate a change in the manner in which agriculture and agribusiness are conducted in the Western Region of the Abu Dhabi Emirate. This encompasses the entire spectrum from on-farm production to retail sales.
The broader objective encompasses a progression from a government supported agriculture sector to a more market based sector. To this end, the Abu Dhabi Government has contracted GRM International Pty Ltd to facilitate the formation of the Abu Dhabi Farmers’ Service Centre to a fully functioning, locally managed organisation.
To apply please email your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and resume to Kristine.email@example.com before 5th January 2014 with the subject: Agricultural Fund Project Manager – FSC. Without the covering letter, your application will not be considered.