Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
- Account Manager Australia & New Zealand
- General Manager – Vegetables and Herbs production
- Managing Director Vietnam
- Quality Control Manager - Australia
- Managing Director - Kent Based
Top 5 - yesterday
- Strengthening consumer focus through technical expertise and strong grower base
- Ruby Fresh expands Peruvian pomegranate production to extend availability
- Australian apple exports to SE Asia and UK to increase
- Plenty of opportunities in UK market for food and horticultural sector
- AU:One of Northern Territory's biggest mango farms up for sale
Top 5 - last week
- Spain: Scientific discovery that could prevent the spread of plant viruses
- Spain: Citrus sector pressuring European Commission about Black Spot threat
- British banana price war has repercussions in Latin America
- Total Produce invests to create more added value
- "Trend is definitely towards glasshouse tomato growing in Australia"
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Organic farming 'boosts biodiversity and bees'
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
- Driscoll’s takes berry experience to the next level
Exchange ratesmore »
Agricultural Fund Project Manager (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
About the role
The Agricultural Fund Project Manager will be based in Abu Dhabi with the responsibility of managing projects which currently focus on the promotion of hydroponics production through the Abu Dhabi Farmers’ Services Centre (FSC).
Key responsibilities include
- Planning, oversight and general support for implementation of existing hydroponics projects and possibly other agricultural projects in the future
- Provide recommendations and guidance for practical installation and management within the scope of predetermined project specifications
- Provide support to farmers in the management of the projects
- University degree in Agriculture (or related science), preferably with post graduate skills or qualifications in an appropriate area
- Previous experience in development and management of intensive vegetable production with knowledge of hydroponic systems
- Experience managing budgets, schedules and staff
- The candidate will possess over 7 years of experience in similar climatic zones
- Work in rurally-based commercially operated agri-business
- Ability to work within a multi-layered organizational structure with an international staffing profile and operating out of several dispersed offices;
- Experience in coaching and motivating staff in a previous leadership position necessary;
- Ability to work in Arabic (preferred) and English language (mandatory).
The Farmers’ Service Centre (FSC) is an Abu Dhabi government initiative implemented to facilitate a change in the manner in which agriculture and agribusiness are conducted in the Western Region of the Abu Dhabi Emirate. This encompasses the entire spectrum from on-farm production to retail sales.
The broader objective encompasses a progression from a government supported agriculture sector to a more market based sector. To this end, the Abu Dhabi Government has contracted GRM International Pty Ltd to facilitate the formation of the Abu Dhabi Farmers’ Service Centre to a fully functioning, locally managed organisation.
To apply please email your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and resume to Kristine.email@example.com before 5th January 2014 with the subject: Agricultural Fund Project Manager – FSC. Without the covering letter, your application will not be considered.