Job offersmore »
- Sales/Purchase - Germany
- Manager Apple Orchard - Germany
- Technical Agronomy Support/Trainee Project Leader - Yorkshire, UK
- Assistant Grower - Tehachapi, CA
- General Manager - Tehachapi, CA
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Free resources to help produce marketers master social media
- Fyffes Exec: "Takeovers have been an important factor in the growth of Fyffes"
- Return of the ‘cherry Ferrari’ as the glamour fruit season begins
- Family flee home after hundreds of dangerous spiders found in bunch of bananas
- Taking genetic modification to a new level
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Gap between kiwi seasons bodes well for European suppliers
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
- Spain: Scientific discovery that could prevent the spread of plant viruses
Exchange ratesmore »
Our client is a specialist fruit company, based in Southern – China, and owns and operates port facilities in the main fruit supplying countries around the world, as well as strategically placed cold stores worldwide and with nationwide distribution from 38 distribution centers. They provide their customers with a competitive advantage in terms of product quality, supply security, innovation, cost efficiency, supply chain management and transparency. The import division is a relatively new operation developed alongside China’s opening of international trade lanes and import protocols for fruit in the last 5 years. Its dramatic growth now makes it one of the key import companies in China. Currently they are seeking for a:
General manager imports (designate)
As a general manager you report to the current general manager imports. The objective for the role is the smooth and seamless transition in succession of the outgoing current general manager imports. The role incorporates all procedures associated with a global import company initially in a support and advisory capacity.
You assist in the management of overseas offices in South Africa and South America and you also assist in the budget process developing a global fruit supply budget and targets with key control areas as; fruit supply management, operational costs, staff costs and variance analysis.
Developing supply programmes and source opportunities, supplier relationship management and volume and turnover targets are key responsibilities. Even as assisting in global supply chain management, shipping services, international supply management, cost management and documentation procedures. You will also assist in all areas of finance management, grower advances and payments, sales reporting and negotiated settlements. Quality management and claims settlement are also part of the role.
Our candidate is an enthusiastic, practical and independent professional with excellent people management, team networking and communication skills. He/she is a globetrotter, who likes to travel to all areas of procurement and represents the company in a professional capacity further developing the current position as a key role player in the global fruit community.
- a degree in Business or Agricultural Sciences, an MBA would also be an advantage.
- minimum of 5 years experience in a senior role in a fruit / produce company, preferably in a global procurement / import position.
- fluent in English, Mandarin and Spanish desirable
- experience of visiting China, selling / exporting to China and sometime living in China would be a strong advantage.
- excellent knowledge of the global fruit / produce industry
- a challenging, independent role in a global leading fruit company backed by more than 70 years’ international experience.
- a minimum of 3 years commitment – ideally someone committed to permanent career development in China.
- as part of this elite team you will be rewarded an excellent remuneration structure and be working in a truly positive and welcoming team environment.
If you believe you have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you! To apply please forward your updated resume and covering letter to:
Tel.: +31 623 686 558
+31 611 432 931
Lutgo, International Recruitment in Flowers & Food