Job offersmore »
- Field Sales Executive - London, UK
- City Farms Business Development Manager North America
- Procurement Manager Vegetables - The Netherlands
- Sales Consultant - US Territory
- Plant Pathology Project Leader - Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Country sales manager and agents
- Planning technician water / electricity - Netherlands
- Head Grower - United States (California)
- Labour Manager - Canada (British Columbia)
- Officer Plant Variety Protection and Registration - Haelen
Top 5 - yesterday
- China and Turkey main suppliers of garlic in Senegal
- Risk assessment vs risk management: What’s the difference?
- US (NY): Gotham Greens builds world’s first commercial high tech greenhouse on roof of Whole Foods Market
- “Rebellion flavour revolution that promotes tomatoes as snacks.”
- Turners & Growers announce the acquisition of Apollo Apples Ltd
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
General Manager China
Our client is one of the market leaders in its area of fruit importing and is very established in China, with strong relationships with all of their customers. As a result of continued expansion and succession planning they are now looking to appoint a General Manager to take this successful business on to the next stage and develop it further.
We are therefore looking for a general manager with strong people and leadership skills combined with an analytical and strategic mindset. Educated to degree level, we are looking for someone with a commercial bias from the fruit sector, ideally with a background in sales and marketing.. We need someone who can take charge of day to day situations yet have an ability to set out a business strategy in conjunction with the Main Board and deliver against this.
We need someone who understands the fruit importing sector, with experience of sourcing from South America, North America, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia. Someone who is commercially astute, someone who can develop excellent relationships at a senior level with their major customers and a natural team leader with a track record of driving growth whilst maintaining gross and net profits.
It is likely that you are either an established general manager or you are a commercially based director, used to managing and leading teams and used to contributing at a senior level from a strategic perspective. Overall you should be assertive, a good presenter and negotiator with strategic, tactical and operational skills.
The salary is commensurate with a position like this but includes a generous basic, a performance driven bonus and substantial ex pat benefits.
If this is you and you think you are different then get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our horticulture, fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.