Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer – based in South East UK
- General manager imports (designate) - Southern China
- Sales manager Central Europe
- Managing Director Central Europe
- General Manager - China
- Fritz Wiendl (experience in fresh produce industry) is looking for a job
- Business Manager NEF - Netherlands
- Supervisor Nucleus Stock - The Netherlands
- Project Manager R&D - The Netherlands
- Global Production Improvement Technician - Israel, Peru or Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Calif. citrus growers continue to toil to fight freeze
- March 2014: Most unusual grape season ever!
- Gourmet Trading launches new asparagus packaging
- June 2013: Southern hemisphere sees success, while Northern hemisphere battles floods, cold weather, shortages
- "South African and Namibian grape production very disappointing"
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Van Oers United
is an international supplier and producer of fresh vegetables year
round. It has been active on the European market and beyond for the
last decades. The intensive cooperation between growers and Van Oers
United guarantees the shortest and fastest chain, resulting in prime
condition products. Van Oers United grows on own sites in Morocco,
Ethiopia and Senegal. Central to our company are skilled professionals
who every day meet the needs of our customers. Providing high
availability, excellent quality and efficiency in combination with an
outstanding service level ensures that Van Oers United continues to
surprise its customers every day. Values within the organization are
drive, professional expertise and commitment.
Van Oers United sees the power of talented employees as critical to the success and growth of business. Due to further expansion of activities we are looking for a new colleague!
For the production location in the Dakar (Senegal) region, we are looking to recruit a:
Position:The company is located at 40 km from the coastal city of Dakar and comprises hundreds of hectares of fertile land. Various types of vegetables are cultivated and harvested here on a continuous basis. The regular team consists of about 60 members of staff, but during harvest time the number of staff rises considerably.
You are responsible for all aspects relating to cultivation (production), packing & general management. A thorough knowledge of cultivation, crop protection, fertilisation and irrigation is a must. You and your colleagues consult closely about sales and quality. Together with the regular members of staff and a flexible group of specialists, you are responsible for the optimisation of cultivation and quality. The responsibility will be shared with a great team of local managers.
- You are an inspiring people manager who will coach the team.
- You are an experienced manager with a thorough knowledge of large-scale production (cultivation: fertilisation, spraying, irrigation, scouting, harvest management, etc.).
- You are hands-on, proactive and a good organiser with good communication skills.
- You have an adventurous nature and preferably have gained experience in a similar position.
- You are a team player and know how to deal with local customs and culture.
- You have knowledge from high tech machinery on the side of maintaining & setting up the machines.
- A good command of the French and English languages is vital.
- You are willing to settle down in one of Africa's most beautiful countries for a long period of time.
What we offer you:A fantastic job with lots of responsibilities, in a beautiful location in Africa. Corporate accommodation is available. There are a number of good schools, and a wide range of social activities for you and your family. The terms and conditions of employment are good.
How to apply:Are you interested? Send your letter of application and your CV to: Info@doornboswerving.nl
Doornbos Werving & Selectie BV
For questions or information, contact:
Klaas Doornbos: tel. +31(0)527-698766 or +31(0)6 22 23 54 21
Internet: www.doornboswerving.nl and www.vanoersunited.com