Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Position Title: Labor ManagerDepartment: Greenhouse Operations
Position Type: RFT
Reports To: General Manager
Location: Mona, Utah
Purpose/Objective: Coordinate all greenhouses labor and maximize labor efficiencies through the use of the piece rate program.
- Greenhouse labor scheduling
- Weekly reporting
- Enforce quality standards for all crop work (except harvesting).
- Manage weekly meetings
- Coordination of material removal and dumping.
- Determine staffing needs and find efficiencies.
- Review and approve all work plans and adjustments
- Set minimum hourly efficiency standards for all crop work.
- Translate piece rate per hour to rows per day.
- Schedule cleanup equipment requirements.
- Inventory control of materials needed.
- Maintain and adhere to all worksite safety, food safety, hygiene protocols and compliance standards.
- Assist in establishing group objectives and priorities.
- Ensure staff follow established policies and procedures while encouraging quality and continuous improvement.
- Assist in the recruitment of operations employees – interviewing and selection.
- Assist in new hire orientation and training and the ongoing training and development of the operations team.
- Monitor and mentor staff while providing feedback.
- Assist with production resourcing and scheduling (OT, Vacation, Absences. Etc.)
- Assist in performance evaluation, promotion, and termination activities.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish
- Experience with Priva
- Labor Planning
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- High School Diploma
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Help with Critical Issues
About Houweling’s Group:
Houweling's Group, is a family owned, world-renowned greenhouse vegetable grower with farms in Camarillo, CA, Delta, BC and Mona, UT. As a leader and innovator in the state of the art, sustainable greenhouse farming industry, the company focuses on year-round, locally grown produce, as consumers continue to prove a desire and willingness to purchase local. In addition to greenhouse tomato and cucumber growing, the company operates a state of the art seedling propagation division and full-service logistics department, offering vertical integration from seed through to delivery at our customers.
To Apply: email@example.com