Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
T&G (Covered Crops) is New Zealand's largest producer, marketer and packer of hothouse tomatoes. These crops are grown in state-of-the-art environmentally controlled glasshouses in the North Island. The products are packaged for both local and export marketing 52 weeks of the year.
We have a great opportunity for an outstanding Grower Manager to manage all aspects of our Glasshouse growing operation, including yield expectations, staff management, pest control, quality percentage programmes, and other technical aspects of tomato growing. The role of Grower Manager is challenging and rewarding, requiring a top performer with the following attributes:
- A desire to grow high yielding high quality tomatoes
- High degree of computer literacy
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A sound understanding of the horticulture industry
- Horticulture qualification and a minimum of five years' industry experience in a tomato growing role
The ideal candidate will have a high level of interpersonal skills, analytical and problem solving ability. The role will be responsible for overseeing and providing guidance on irrigation, heating and other technical aspects of growing tomatoes, so experience in these areas is essential. Drive, energy and a sense of humour together with the strong and positive attributes of an achiever will be the key to success in this position. In return we offer the opportunity to have the best of both worlds, being able to manage your own glasshouse while at the same time being part of a team of some of the best growers in NZ.
If you believe you meet the criteria and can demonstrate a successful growing track record we would be eager to hear from you.