Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Substrate Grower - Driscoll’s Australia Pty Ltd
- Full Time Permanent
- Competitive Package + benefits
- Employer Sponsorship + Relocation (for interstate or international candidates)
- Based in Tasmania
Reporting directly to the Ops Manager on a fast-growing nursery site based 15 minutes from Launceston CBD this role is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of our designated substrate areas spanning over 40 hectares. Your key activities will extend to planting, growing, cultivating as well as pest management and irrigation in addition to trimming and shipping of plant materials.
Reporting to you is a team of dedicated support staff including crew supervisors, irrigation technicians and others assisting you in production activities to ensure high performance and quality outputs are achieved. You will be reporting on a regular basis and expected to deliver high performance on plant health, yield and achievement of all other key productivity metrics and targets.
For more information a detailed Position Description can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in substrate growing preferably with ornamentals or berries
- Tertiary qualifications in Agri-business, Economics or similar is preferred but not essential
- Ability to prepare and report on operating costs using basic accounting and financial tools
- Previous supervisory experience and exposure to labour planning and rostering
Driscoll’s Australia is an exciting joint venture company owned by Driscoll’s (USA) – the world’s market leader in berries and Costa – Australia’s leading integrated growing and marketer of premium quality fresh produce. Partnering with a broad grower base across a national footprint, Driscoll’s Australia supplies year round delicious, branded berries to consumers using exclusively patented varieties developed by our joint venture partners breeding programs. Since our inception we have successfully achieved significant yearly growth and market share, enabling us to become the market leader in our category.
In return you will be joining a global leading berry company and part of an exciting expansion project at one of our key nursery sites positioned amongst the beautiful Tasmanian surrounds. For interstate or international applicants eligible to work in Australia – you will be offered full employer sponsorship and costs for relocation.
To apply please submit your application to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion please contact (03) 8363 0927