Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Full time, permanent position
Talbotville, Ontario (Rural location)
Located just outside of St. Thomas, is Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, whose vision is to be Eastern North Americaís premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants.
Ontario Plants Propagation Limited is founded in 2002. What started as a 6 acres greenhouse is currently growing into a 32 acres greenhouse with 3 warehouses. In order to help our expanding business continue the path of growth, we need people who like to work in a motivated and diverse team where we value each other.
With that in mind we are looking for a Senior Grower whose primary responsibilities will be to ensure growing and quality standards are met for an assigned section of the in total 32 acre greenhouse. He or she will be tasked with helping maintain a safe environment; and ensuring compliance with departmental and company policy and procedures. The person in this position will operate greenhouse equipment as necessary; will ensure inventory is on hand to complete tasks; and will report any issues with performance, productivity and efficiency to the Head Grower. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Responsible for growing activities in an assigned section of the greenhouse; including irrigation, pest control; and monitoring and maintaining climate as directed.
- Participate in quality and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Help maintain a safe and clean workplace.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
- Respond to on call alarms on a rotating schedule 24/7 Requirements.
- Completion of post-secondary diploma in a related field.
- Experience as a Supervisor or team lead an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years growing experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to create logically ordered objectives.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Ability to work shifts including weekends.
- Ability to work long hours when required, especially during peak seasons.
- Ability to work in evenings when required to complete greenhouse checks.
Interested applicants please email or fax your resume via contact information listed below:
Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2
Contact: Samantha Carter
Subject title: Senior Grower
Fax: 519 637 2449
**Only those meeting the requirements will be considered. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations throughout this process, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119.