Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Full time, permanent position
Talbotville, Ontario (Rural location)
Located just outside of St. Thomas, is Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, whose vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants.
Ontario Plants Propagation Limited is founded in 2002. What started as a 6 acres greenhouse is currently growing into a 32 acres greenhouse with 3 warehouses. In order to help our expanding business continue the path of growth, we need people who like to work in a motivated and diverse team where we value each other.
With that in mind we are looking for a Senior Grower whose primary responsibilities will be to ensure growing and quality standards are met for an assigned section of the in total 32 acre greenhouse. He or she will be tasked with helping maintain a safe environment; and ensuring compliance with departmental and company policy and procedures. The person in this position will operate greenhouse equipment as necessary; will ensure inventory is on hand to complete tasks; and will report any issues with performance, productivity and efficiency to the Head Grower. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Responsible for growing activities in an assigned section of the greenhouse; including irrigation, pest control; and monitoring and maintaining climate as directed.
- Participate in quality and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Help maintain a safe and clean workplace.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
- Respond to on call alarms on a rotating schedule 24/7 Requirements.
- Completion of post-secondary diploma in a related field.
- Experience as a Supervisor or team lead an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years growing experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to create logically ordered objectives.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Ability to work shifts including weekends.
- Ability to work long hours when required, especially during peak seasons.
- Ability to work in evenings when required to complete greenhouse checks.
Interested applicants please email or fax your resume via contact information listed below:
Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2
Contact: Samantha Carter
Subject title: Senior Grower
Fax: 519 637 2449
**Only those meeting the requirements will be considered. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations throughout this process, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119.