Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Company: Trucking Company
Region: location Baku, Azerbaijan
Our client is in the final preparation stage of a new trucking company, to become active in the national and cross border transport of fresh produce from Azerbaijan to/from the neighboring countries. The company is a subsidiary of a major Azerbaijani investment enterprise with excellent results over the last 10 years.
In line with our clients’ ambitious growth strategy we are in search on their behalf, for a full-time, experienced, stable and sturdy Fleet Manager, with experience in 1) building up from scratch and 2) managing a sizeable and growing trucking operation in mostly the surrounding countries.
Reporting to the General Manager you are responsible for the set-up, continuity, sales, turnover & cost, productivity and quality performance, incl. people and HR management. You will annually present your budget and target proposals on cost & turnover, quality- and other performance ratios, for approval and hence manage the fleet operation within the agreed annual budgets and targets.
You are furthermore responsible for the technical care (maintenance and repairs) of the trucking fleet in order to keep transport times, deliveries and distribution on schedule and its cost ratio’s within established budgets.
- Build up a transport company to a fleet of approximately 100 trucking units
- Lead both domestic and international freight forwarding operations with expertise in all transport modes (import/ export/ transit)
- Rendering of a complex of services, starting from the search for clients abroad, delivery to the customs border; and the vice versa: search for clients for shipping the goods on the route of way back to the country.
- Lead main freight and Intelligent Logistics Operation based on a proper software
- Finding new clients and markets, organization and adoption of proper sales strategy.
- Create and maintain "base-line" transportation cost dependent on trends of fuel prices and supply/demand of trucking in the marketplace
- Decrease in cost of services of suppliers and optimization of the cost price of transportation due to the guaranteed volume of transportations;
- Development of complex logistics schemes for customers combining multimodal transportation, optimization of customs clearance
- Create/update fleet policy and procedures, to include vehicle assignment, personal use, replacement policy, accident reporting process
- The audit all Truckload, Broker, Forwarder, and Parcel invoices for service failures, pricing accuracy, and voided shipments and report findings.
- Create and maintain a single transportation database for all modes of transportation
- Personal participation and attraction of new clients, Negotiations with large cargo owners and potential customers
- Organization of works to ensure efficient management of the Logistics Company, calculation and reduction of logistics costs, control of payments, creditor and receivables.
- Settlement of disputes, work with claims
- Calculation and formulation of commercial offers;
- HR/Team Management and trainings:
- Effective management of the logistics team
- Training in logistics skills, methods of communicating with customers and working with sales, sharing responsibilities and monitoring their implementation
- Training of employees, development of staffing, job descriptions and KPI systems
- Ensures effective communication and feedback to the team and back to internal groups the outcome of the client requests/negotiations/proposals, so the entire team is focused on any client updates
- Focuses on conveying the expectations set forth for each team, i.e. providing clear direction, critical time frames and expectations for each team member
- Past experience with the build-up and management of an international trucking operation.
- Past experience with the realization of an ambitious growth objective in terms of a road transport operation, its set up, fleet, routes and management of the:
- organizational structure
- route development
- commercial basis and network
- performance management instruments
- Used to working with a trucking fleet of approx. 100 trucking units
- At least 5-8 years of international freight forwarding team management experience
- Expert knowledge of both domestic and international freight forwarding in all transport modes
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent industry certification
- Command of the Russian language is strongly preferred
- User knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to build a team from the ground up in an environment of rapid change
- Strategic, operational and people management skills
- Analytical abilities, result driven, integrity and strong sense of responsibility
- High communication skills, also in a multi-cultural context
- Stress-resistance and a high working capacity
- Respect for the local culture
- Prepared to settle in Baku, Azerbaijan, for a minimum of three years
Lutgo Recruitment, Aalsmeer, the Netherlands is the exclusive representative of this client for the fulfilment of this vacancy. Please send your reaction, with your letter of motivation, mentioning vacancy ref.no. INT180046 to Jan Meijer at firstname.lastname@example.org